Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2008, 03:07 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,286,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by varangian View Post
Criminals are people who have been convicted of a crime.

Funny how words are sometimes dependent on one another.
convicted has nothing to do with guilt, only court

a kid at the school I work at got in trouble today and had to be suspended, he IS guilty but was never convicted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 03:08 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,978,027 times
Quote:
I happen to agree. I think the parent of that kid should be charged.

That still doesn't excuse electrocuting a 9 year old and calling him a criminal.
Maybe, and most states have laws against lethal booby traps. This however was not one and the kid can be thankful that he learned a valuable lesson.

As for the parent, I think they should be beat with a bat to the point of death to remind them that children are not objects, not tools for their causes.

In my case, if I had seen the kid taking it and the father was there, I would probably be on the news for beating a dead beat father half to death for being a worthless example of what it means to be a responsible person.

The kid got off easy. He got shocked and learned a lesson rather than having his worthless father beaten into the ground like the piece of garbage that he is.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:11 PM

703 posts, read 857,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Use a dictionary, the kid WAS NOT electrocuted
Ok, ELECTRIFIED.

Feel better?

I have heard the word used by people who work with electricity for non lethal shocks, by the way. Especially when I was in the military.

I KNOW that the kid wasn't killed by it nor was my choice of the word intended to convey such a thought to anyone else.

Now that the Grammar Nazi lesson is over, I think I am going to go lay some mines in my driveway in case those Republican canvassers DARE TO STEP FOOT ON MY PROPERTY! For all I know they could have guns and plan on robbing me or taking my sign!

Old 10-30-2008, 03:12 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,778,266 times
I guarantee a decade down the road when this kid is 19 he will be laughing about this and telling his friends "hey when I was 9 I got shocked by a sign, he he he", and he probably won't even remember what the sign said. Much too big of a deal is being made of this.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
As for the parent, I think they should be beat with a bat to the point of death to remind them that children are not objects, not tools for their causes.
Oh gee, you're SO lawful!

You'd break OTHER laws to teach people a lesson.

My God, the hypocrisy here is astounding.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I guarantee a decade down the road when this kid is 19 he will be laughing about this and telling his friends "hey when I was 9 I got shocked by a sign, he he he", and he probably won't even remember what the sign said. Much too big of a deal is being made of this.
Eh, I was shot in the ass with rock salt by a crazed farmer once. I don't laugh about it now.

But whatever, don't let me interfere with the bashing of a grade schooler.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Ok, ELECTRIFIED.

Feel better?

I have heard the word used by people who work with electricity for non lethal shocks, by the way. Especially when I was in the military.

I KNOW that the kid wasn't killed by it nor was my choice of the word intended to convey such a thought to anyone else.

Now that the Grammar Nazi lesson is over, I think I am going to go lay some mines in my driveway in case those Republican canvassers DARE TO STEP FOOT ON MY PROPERTY! For all I know they could have guns and plan on robbing me or taking my sign!

You have every right to defend your property. Just be careful to not kill the mail man. That is why these lethal booby traps laws exist in the first place. It wasn't to protect the criminals, but rather to protect from honest and legal citizens from being harmed in their attempt to help or serve you. Things like firemen, police, etc...

The criminals, they get what they deserve.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Oh gee, you're SO lawful!

You'd break OTHER laws to teach people a lesson.

My God, the hypocrisy here is astounding.
Lets see, in my state if you step on my lawn and attempt to steal something I can use lethal force. That is "kill them" so you are not confused.

So in this situation, a kid urged by the father to do the same and I would go out and "beat" the father to an inch of his life. Not killing him, but roughing him up pretty good.

Id say I did less than the law required and made sure it was given to the most deserving.

Considering that the father physically endangered the child, I would say both got off pretty easy. Then again, I'm for defending the rights of the individual and not oppressing them.

594 posts, read 1,046,035 times
Quote:
Eh, I was shot in the ass with rock salt by a crazed farmer once. I don't laugh about it now.
I bet the sheep isn't too fond of the memory either.

IT'S A JOKE!!!

18,949 posts, read 43,778,266 times
Quote:

But whatever, don't let me interfere with the bashing of a grade schooler.
Well I was shocked by an electric cattle fence when I was about this kids age. I do look back now and laugh about it, and I also learned not to touch them. It was nothing more than a numbing vibration in my arm, and it went away in about 2 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections