Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 11:38 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,871,734 times

Advertisements

Seems that "Joe" prefers to go to Obama rallies. He wasn't paid to go to the Obama rallies, or maybe he was, by McCain. Still can't understand why a McCain supporter (joe the plumber) was at the Obama rally? No way was he an undecided. No way did his question to Obama affect him as he is one of the people Obama will cut taxes for. Seems like a plant from the McCain camp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 11:44 AM

493 posts, read 719,983 times
I thought I saw Joe in the crowd signing autographs, weird.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:46 AM

107 posts, read 241,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Senator McCain is just campaigning in a different era right now....What was the name of that movie where the aircraft carrier goes back in time?
I remember one called The Philadephia Experiment (or Story) that involved an aircraft carrier going back in time. Is this the movie you mean? I also remember it was a really good, riveting story. Nothing like the Saga of the Hapless McCain and it's disheveled (possibly disreputable) ending.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:47 AM

Maybe this was what John was really thinking during his speech!

Old 10-30-2008, 11:50 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,487,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Couldn't believe how McCain wasn't even aware that "joe" wasn't there. McCain's speech was like watching a very old uncle trying to remember a hastened speech at a wedding. He stumbled, mumbled and just plain got things back to front. My wife and i haven't laughed that hard in ages. His "Obiden" instead of Biden and his " A matter of rhetoric... Matter of record and not a matter of rhetoric....." was priceless. His gaffs and stumbles were too many to remember. Can you imagine McCain at a high level international negotiation introducing the Sec. of State and then discovering the Sec. of State wasn't there. lmao. Poor old John...He sounds like he needs a nap.
I saw this debacle and my jaw literally dropped. I feel sorry for the old man. He's tired and should be somewhere relaxing in Arizona not flying all over the country running for president at his age. The entire campaign is a joke. He needs to quit now.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Couldn't believe how McCain wasn't even aware that "joe" wasn't there. McCain's speech was like watching a very old uncle trying to remember a hastened speech at a wedding. He stumbled, mumbled and just plain got things back to front. My wife and i haven't laughed that hard in ages. His "Obiden" instead of Biden and his " A matter of rhetoric... Matter of record and not a matter of rhetoric....." was priceless. His gaffs and stumbles were too many to remember. Can you imagine McCain at a high level international negotiation introducing the Sec. of State and then discovering the Sec. of State wasn't there. lmao. Poor old John...He sounds like he needs a nap.
You people need to give McCain a break. It wasn't easy being alert at today's rally since he stayed up until after 9 last night with Larry King.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
I saw this debacle and my jaw literally dropped. I feel sorry for the old man. He's tired and should be somewhere relaxing in Arizona not flying all over the country running for president at his age. The entire campaign is a joke. He needs to quit now.
I was like you Honey, waiting for him to clutch his chest at any moment. He looks tired and confused. If he's like that now...Imagine if he was elected to the Hardest job in Politics..... Palin would become President within a few months.....

Old 10-30-2008, 12:02 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,931,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnMist View Post
Why should McCain give him anything when he's already promised him a 5k credit on his healthcare? Of course, that's a family deduction, not just for JTP.
Oh, sure. That 5k allowance for health insurance that I pay $139/m for and my company pays $348/mo>>nontaxable is going to go a long way for me. I get health(prevention/illness/perscriptions/hospitalization/physical therapy/occupational therapy) and dental. That 5K taxable credit McCain is touting result in my company no longer providing the benefit, or decrease the amount it is paying and will have me paying out more if I stay healthy and will bankrupt me if I get ill.

Reminds me of a con-man. "Your house is falling apart, the repairs will cost more than the house is worth, here, let me take it off your hands for $50,000. I'll tear it down and see what I can do to sell the property to recoup my losses." He then sells the property for $5M.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Oh, sure. That 5k allowance for health insurance that I pay $139/m for and my company pays $348/mo>>nontaxable is going to go a long way for me. I get health(prevention/illness/perscriptions/hospitalization/physical therapy/occupational therapy) and dental. That 5K taxable credit McCain is touting result in my company no longer providing the benefit, or decrease the amount it is paying and will have me paying out more if I stay healthy and will bankrupt me if I get ill.

Reminds me of a con-man. "Your house is falling apart, the repairs will cost more than the house is worth, here, let me take it off your hands for $50,000. I'll tear it down and see what I can do to sell the property to recoup my losses." He then sells the property for $5M.
I hear you, Siouxcia. We're currently waiting to hear the company's newest healthcare scalping. We used to pay nothing. Right now it's over 200 a month - prescription plan is a separate scalping.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:09 PM

What about people who can't afford healthcare and earn under the tax threshold?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections