Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 01:19 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,175,963 times

Advertisements

I find it really funny to see all those coming on this post to babble about how horrible Obama is and that they are NOT going to watch tonight. We just KNOW they won't be able to resist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 01:39 PM

3,086 posts, read 5,385,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I find it really funny to see all those coming on this post to babble about how horrible Obama is and that they are NOT going to watch tonight. We just KNOW they won't be able to resist!
Even if they watch, they will, most likely, be watching with minds already made up, and no appeal to reason or good sense of kindness and compassion will be able to "get through".

If I had watched McCain's speech, the one in which he told the "crazy woman" that Obama was not an Arab, but that he was a decent family man (as if the two things are opposite each other) with such prejudice, I would think much worse of him (McCain) than I do. I give him full credit for speaking out against discrimination and hate, do not harshly fault him for not having a more coherent and "proper" answer on hand, and understand that that kind of situation call for quick thinking on ones feet, which all of us are blessed with, regardelss of how pure our intentions may be!

So, what do I expect to hear? In some sense, I expect to hear "more of the same" from the oratory of the campaign trail, but hopefully with a more comprehensive look at concrete plans for my 3 most important areas of concern. . . the economy, health care, and ending the war in Iraq. I would also like to hear about his plans for dealing with further terrorism directed against the U.S., regardless of the source, and I would include even domestic terrorism in that.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:40 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,977,706 times
The same thing Charlie Brown hears from his teacher

Old 10-29-2008, 03:24 PM

956 posts, read 1,240,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I'm not going to argue with someone that is apparently content with what America has turned into after eight horrible years under Bush/Cheney. I will bet that you would vote for Bush again if he was able to run. If you are supporting McCain/Palin you would absolutely vote for Bush/Cheney again...I have no doubt about that.
I thought you said you weren't going to argue with me. Hmmmm....

No, I would most definitely never vote for Bush again. But he's not running so that is called a hypothetical.

McCain/Palin bear absolutely no resemblance to George Bush other than also being Republicans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
More's the pity. I went to hear McCain and I will go to hear Obama because both men deserve to be heard since they are willing to stick their necks out while we sit and do very little to make the country a better place. I try to hear Barr, Paul and Nader when they are on also. These are all informed people who have some good ideas and a love for our country. Kudos for communicators.
I agree. They both deserve to be heard. And I've heard just about all I can take from Barack Obama. He's been campaigning for 2 years!!!!! Anyone not up to speed on his talking points by now is living under a rock.

I have some real questions for him and if he would address those, I would be very happy to listen. But he won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Words cannot begin to describe how easy it will be to "resist".

Old 10-29-2008, 03:28 PM

38,856 posts, read 25,732,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Same crap his mouth has been spewing since the start of the election. How much he can help us childlike, poor people who can't succeed without his help, but shouldn't succeed too much or be punished.

You sound unhappy.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:29 PM

2,418 posts, read 4,284,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
What do you expect to hear from the Senator tonight as he addresses the Nation?
What I don't expect to hear from him is the answers to any of these questions:

ATLAH Daily Webcast - God Save America (http://www.atlah.org/broadcast/ndnr10-17-08.html - broken link)

Old 10-29-2008, 03:31 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,913,797 times
you will hear nothing new. I am not going to watch, because in addition to already know his failed stances, I have been spammed enough by him.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:32 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,310,813 times
"Hope and Change, Hope and Change, Hope and Change, JOHN MCCAIN IS A CRACKER, Hope and Change, JOHN MCCAIN IS THE DEVIL, Hope and Change, Hope and Change, KILL WHITEY, Hope and Change, GEORGE BUSH IS JOHN MCCAIN'S LOVER, Hope and Change, Hope and Change, I'M NOT RECIEVING FUNDING FROM TERRORISTS IT'S A LIE, Hope and Change, Hope and Change........

Yeah I'll probably be playing with my kids and trying to get them into bed. I'm just so sick of this campaign. I live in a nice glowing red state and can't really do anything to change the course of this election so I'm not going to bother. Good luck Barack...have a nice presidency.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:34 PM

342 posts, read 1,799,093 times
Default Think again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
I think you need to rethink your thinking. I think many people will be watching and be interested.

He has actually been running an entire channel on Dish Network here for the last 3 weeks. I have locked it, so I do not have to see his or hear his load of crap!

Old 10-29-2008, 03:35 PM

38,856 posts, read 25,732,966 times
Smile The Obama Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
"Hope and Change, Hope and Change, Hope and Change, JOHN MCCAIN IS A CRACKER, Hope and Change, JOHN MCCAIN IS THE DEVIL, Hope and Change, Hope and Change, KILL WHITEY, Hope and Change, GEORGE BUSH IS JOHN MCCAIN'S LOVER, Hope and Change, Hope and Change, I'M NOT RECIEVING FUNDING FROM TERRORISTS IT'S A LIE, Hope and Change, Hope and Change........

Yeah I'll probably be playing with my kids and trying to get them into bed. I'm just so sick of this campaign. I live in a nice glowing red state and can't really do anything to change the course of this election so I'm not going to bother. Good luck Barack...have a nice presidency.

I predict that he will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections