Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 02:18 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,663,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
As I have stated many times before. The only "team" I am concerned with is America. As far as the drunkard Teddy K goes, he is a boob as well. Let us also not forget the whole Chappaquiddick incident either. Most politicians are scum. The ones we have as candidates for POTUS as no better.

Quick answer, yes I feel the same way about Teddy K.
That is good to know, as personally I despise hypocrites. And there are a lot of people who excuse teds past (and family) while pointing fingers at palin.
Myself, until and unless it is shown palin is her sons dealer -- I don't blame her for his addiction. I come from a family of five -- one is a drug addict. Four of us are not, plus we are educated, profesional tax paying citizens. Would you count my parents as 'bad' and somehow deficient?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
You start off by saying "who knows if this is true" but then you continue your post as if it is. That's odd.

As a former high school teacher, I know how much it hurts teens when adults label them or seem to WANT to believe the worst of them. I don't care whom the parents are -- these are KIDS y'all are trying to smear and calling names. And we wonder why the younger generation doesn't trust or are reluctant to open up to adults?

And then people ask why our choices for political office are often so limited. Where are the good people who simply want to serve? we ask. PEOPLE HERE ARE THE PROBLEM. You've descended to the lowest possible level in smears, gossip, and innuendo. This fact keeps many good people from wanting to serve as they don't want to put their families through it.

Yes, I also don't understand how people can look themselves in a mirror after digging dirt on a teenager and now an active duty soldier -- and still a kid! Does anyone understand that these are real people? Maybe he had a drug problem, but now is over it -- doesn't he deserve a fresh start (coughcoughobamacoughcough)? Having a parent run for office doesn't give people the right to pull children through the mud. And I might add, it hardly helps their cause to look so 'down right mean' as michelle obama would put it.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:23 PM

958 posts, read 2,137,163 times
Quote:
Which means it fits in perfectly with the rest of the postings in this forum.
You must get off on the freenzy of hate. What a sicko!

Old 09-12-2008, 02:31 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,956,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Would you count my parents as 'bad' and somehow deficient?
Nope. I am not even calling her a bad parent. What I am talking about is the fact the she preaches her faith and agenda yet it seems that a) it either does not count for her and her family or b) her own family doesn't buy into it so why should we? My concerns are with the whole do as I say not as I do feel of it.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post
You must get off on the freenzy of hate. What a sicko!
Yes I love hate. Based on me saying that most of the stuff in this forum is crap really shows that right?

Do I post information I see about both candidates that are non issues? Yes. Do I also look for intelligent threads about the issues? Yes (although there are almost none).

I don't get off on hate as you seem to think BUT I do get amused when I see people blindly following a candidate based on party affiliation. They will criticize a candidate one week and then defend their candidate over the same issue another week. It's hilarious and I like to call people on it as well as see people over react.

This isn't about hate. It's about the qualifications of people who are trying to be leaders of this country. Right now, the two choices that we have are buffoons. The only thing I hate is two party politics that end up screwing our country. Take a good look at the last few elections. What real choices for leadership have we had?

Old 09-12-2008, 03:15 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,198,662 times
god bless the national inquirer, for without it we would be lost

snort snort giggle giggle

Old 09-12-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Nope. I am not even calling her a bad parent. What I am talking about is the fact the she preaches her faith and agenda yet it seems that a) it either does not count for her and her family or b) her own family doesn't buy into it so why should we? My concerns are with the whole do as I say not as I do feel of it.
Ever know a drug addict? Because, they can come from great families, but somehow, someway they decide to do what they know and have been taught is wrong. So, was my father incapable of holding his job because one of his sons is a drug addict? Should I be barred from teaching children because my brother is a fifty year old drug addict?
Hell, lets cast a larger net --- if your mother was a kleptomaniac, should that bar you from getting a job that requires being bonded? This is such a completely empty argument, and honestly one that will bite obama supporters in the azz. Think about, how many drug addicts are in the us? How many of them have straight (as in no drugging) voting siblings/parents/cousins/children/ex-spouses etc? And yet here you are, calling out the families of drug addicts as suspect, somehow responsible and less capable then those who don't have drug addicts in the family. Seriously, shame on you.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:38 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,266,098 times
This just in from the National Enquirer. Palin gave Sasquatch a yeast infection. State of Alaska billed for treatment. Sarah claims she thought she had that nastey thing cleared up before last full moon.Locals claim to hear Sasquatch screaming everytime he needs to pass water.
Thank god the NE was there to report only the facts.
Page 2
Aliens from outer space not Mexico are suing Palin over breach of contract. Apparently they were promised drilling rights in Alaska for an undisclosed sum. Palin denies the contract existed.
Page 3
Obama is organizing a car wash for Sasquatch to pay for his therapy to help him deal with the trauma of a yeast infection.
Obama " better days ahead my furry friend better days ahead"

Old 09-12-2008, 04:41 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,196,380 times
Quote:

Yoiu know nothing about her parenting skills or the lack thereof. You know one factual thing about her seventeen year old daughter, she is pregnant...happens in the best of families. At least she is taking responsibility and having the child. They could have easily sent her for an abortion early on and then this whole thing would never have seen the light of day. Now that would not be living what she preaches, but is not the case.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Ever know a drug addict? Because, they can come from great families, but somehow, someway they decide to do what they know and have been taught is wrong. So, was my father incapable of holding his job because one of his sons is a drug addict? Should I be barred from teaching children because my brother is a fifty year old drug addict?
Hell, lets cast a larger net --- if your mother was a kleptomaniac, should that bar you from getting a job that requires being bonded? This is such a completely empty argument, and honestly one that will bite obama supporters in the azz. Think about, how many drug addicts are in the us? How many of them have straight (as in no drugging) voting siblings/parents/cousins/children/ex-spouses etc? And yet here you are, calling out the families of drug addicts as suspect, somehow responsible and less capable then those who don't have drug addicts in the family. Seriously, shame on you.
Yes, several and I never said she was a bad parent. I told you that previously.

Was your father on the ticket to become VP of the United States? If not then you are comparing a completely different level of responsibility in comparing your father's profession and this one. Apples and oranges.

Teaching is not running a country and representing us to the world. It's an invaluable profession in it's own right (the child of two educators) but not the same. Also, it's your brother, not your daughter...again Apples and Oranges.

Where did I talk about her ability? I am talking about CREDIBILITY! It's like people who attend the church of a priest who molests children. He/she can sit up there and talk to you all day about you sinning then go back and touch kids. WTF?! In this situation, Palin says that abstinence is the only way yet her daughter is magically pregnant. The point of my argument is that she is attempting to tell others how to live their lives yet her own daughter doesn't listen to her. Again, more do as I say and not as I do.

I am not an Obama or Mccain supporter. I have told you this previously as well as many others. I support having a candidate who will represent this country at it's best. someone who won't have the world laughing at us (like they are now) and someone who can lead this country to greatness. No one on either ticket can do that.

Palin is the topic of this thread so I am talking about her. Go to another thread on another candidate and you will see I talk about them too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections