Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 08:05 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,720,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Every time Obama has give them his jobs bill they just basicly put in a paper shredder. Republicans do not give a rats ass to help the country get back on track

Reid blocks vote on jobs bill while Obama blasts House for not voting on it

Talk about poor timing.

Moments after Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Nevada Democrat, blocked a Republican motion in the Senate to vote on President Obama's jobs bill, the president's re-election campaign sent out an e-mail blasting House Republicans for not voting on the proposal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 08:08 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
It is 100% republicans fault they have done about about 50 filibuster voted 33 times to kill the new healthcare and failed every time. Every time Obama has give them his jobs bill they just basicly put in a paper shredder. Republicans do not give a rats ass to help the country get back on track Look at what Romneys plans are to fix this country none his plans make the country worse. Do you remember this
Please share with the rest of us how taxing people more, (healthcare bill) creates jobs, and when you're done with that nonsese, list for me the Obama "job" bills and how they would create jobs..

Furthermore, please list for me the bills passed by the House, sitting in the Senate waiting to be voted on.

I bet you cant do any of these things but that didnt stop you from posting something stupid anyways.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:36 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,962,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
I see you are one who believes the lies. What you stated isn't true. We are still losing jobs every day. obama has destroyed the economy, and it's getting worse every day. Pull your head out of the sand...
...because there is a vast conspiracy at the Bureau of Labor statistics to falsify the jobs numbers, I presume?

I guess the Dow Jones company is also falsifying stock market numbers, which show the Dow has doubled since Obama took office? That damn anti-business Obama!

Hold on folks, strap on those tin-foil hats!

Old 07-21-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
...because there is a vast conspiracy at the Bureau of Labor statistics to falsify the jobs numbers, I presume?

I guess the Dow Jones company is also falsifying stock market numbers, which show the Dow has doubled since Obama took office? That damn anti-business Obama!

The dow stock market has doubled because profits rose because they laid off employees.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:20 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,720,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

The only people who need a tin foil hat are those that actually BELIEVE (contrary to the majority) that this Country is moving in the right direction and that the economy is doing great.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:57 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,939,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Please share with the rest of us how taxing people more, (healthcare bill) creates jobs, and when you're done with that nonsese, list for me the Obama "job" bills and how they would create jobs..
Furthermore, please list for me the bills passed by the House, sitting in the Senate waiting to be voted on.
I bet you cant do any of these things but that didnt stop you from posting something stupid anyways.
"Please list for you..." how arrogant. Why do you require homework from everybody else while you do nothing but sit back and accuse?
Senate Republicans block Democrats' jobs bill | Reuters

Democrats Were NOT Wimps! Some Bills Passed by Dems, Blocked by GOP (The PCTC Blog)

GOP senators block top Obama jobs initiative - CNN.com

372 Bills That Have Been Passed by the House & Not Yet
There is so much out there - too much to post, yet you demand other people search them out for you.
Some of these links were posted previously - but you ask for them yet again. Seems like you get your jollies by just jerking people around - pathetic.
In a way it's good because it points up how little you have.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
"Please list for you..." how arrogant. Why do you require homework from everybody else while you do nothing but sit back and accuse?
Senate Republicans block Democrats' jobs bill | Reuters

Democrats Were NOT Wimps! Some Bills Passed by Dems, Blocked by GOP (The PCTC Blog)

GOP senators block top Obama jobs initiative - CNN.com

372 Bills That Have Been Passed by the House & Not Yet
There is so much out there - too much to post, yet you demand other people search them out for you.
Some of these links were posted previously - but you ask for them yet again. Seems like you get your jollies by just jerking people around - pathetic.
In a way it's good because it points up how little you have.
327 bills being passed by the House would mean DEMOCRATS are blocking them in the Senate. But I asked specificially about JOBS bills, not every dam bill ever put on hold.

But I didnt see you try to explain how taking money out of the economy by increasing taxes, creates jobs.. why is that?

Hey, I got an idea, why dont they just "deem" the bills passed, like they did the healthcare legislation? Come on det, do better than that...

Old 07-21-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
The only people who need a tin foil hat are those that actually BELIEVE (contrary to the majority) that this Country is moving in the right direction and that the economy is doing great.
Right - thanks to 30 years of Reaganomics and its drift to oligarchy.
It would be doing much better if Repugs would get out of the way, but they have decided to destroy the country for their political capital in November. Are Americans dumb enough to vote them in? We'll see. They voted for Reaganomics and the Regressives before.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
327 bills being passed by the House would mean DEMOCRATS are blocking them in the Senate. But I asked specificially about JOBS bills, not every dam bill ever put on hold.

But I didnt see you try to explain how taking money out of the economy by increasing taxes, creates jobs.. why is that?

Hey, I got an idea, why dont they just "deem" the bills passed, like they did the healthcare legislation? Come on det, do better than that...
Gawd, there you go again, demanding from others.
You truly don't know about the filibuster?
What a racket - you demand info from others, then ignore it. You yourself do not explain why lowering taxes on the wealthy creates jobs, yet you sit back and demand proof of the opposite. If lowering taxes on the wealthy "job creators" creates jobs, we should have extremely low unemployment now. Where are the jobs? 30 years of tax breaks for the investor class and unemployment grows. Why?
Again - you want other people to do your homework for you.
Supply side economics is a failure. Giving money to the wealthy is a failure. Taxes pay for the infrastructure which the wealthy and their corporations use for their profit, yet they get out of paying corporate taxes. Small business growth can be encouraged by tax breaks aimed at them, but huge prosperous corporations don't need them. These efforts by Obama are what repugs are blocking, because they fear their success.
The low tax on capital gains favors the wealthy - they do not create jobs. The wall street banks are sitting on cash which they were supposed to lend out.

More Americans are realizing that Republicans have worked for several years to undermine the president in every way possible. By Republicans blocking all jobs legislation and keeping jobs numbers from improving they believe this is their ticket to power.
Debate on these bills has been filibustered by Republicans in both houses. No conversation allowed.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
really? at the end of fiscal 2006 we had an unemployment rate below 6%, and a budget deficit of $160 billion. after the democrats took over congress in 2007 the budget deficit jumped to $458 billion, and the economy started going south at the end of the year, and has been heading that way since.

uhm no. clinton did raise taxes, but not on just the wealthy, unless you consider anyone with a job wealthy. i was making $15,000 per year back then and my taxes went up during the clinton administration. clinton got very lucky because a number of things happened at once starting in 1995;

1: the assets that were purchased by the reagan administration after the failure of the savings and loan debacle were being sold off
2: the dotcom bubble started building rapidly which pushed the economy up and made a lot of millionaires in the tech sector
3: the republicans took over congress and started reforming government, especially welfare and the tax code.

these three things had a positive effect on the economy at the time, and when the tech bubble burst, the economy slowed down substantially.
anytime taxes go up for what ever reason, it is a tax increase like it or not. you cant spin it any other way.

true, but remember that money does in fact end up in the economy helping EVERYBODY through more stable prices, more jobs, and a broader tax base, especially when coupled with a cut in regulations.

actually the economy crashed in 2008, it slowed down in 2007, but dont forget that we also had a democrat congress starting in 2007. and it could have been avoided if the democrats hadnt blocked bushs effort to reform fannie and freddie.

really? the top rate near the end of the reagan administration was 28%, today it is 35% percent. must be that new democrat math i keep hearing about.

the wealthy will never get a 0% rate, that suggestion was for corporations and businesses not individuals.
nice try but you fail on that one. as for the middle class paying the countrys bills, they pretty much have since taxes were created in the first place. the rich will pass along any taxes on to others if they can. how you ask? by setting higher prices on the goods and services they sell to the public at large, or by making smaller portions, or by cutting expenses in other areas. take the average renter for instance, in their contracts there is a provision for rent increases as needed. raise the property tax 5% for instance on the landlord, and the rent goes up that amount. same with income taxes. the rich are going to do what they can do to protect their assets and profit margins.
* Calling the tax breaks designed by repugs to expire, and blaming Obama for a tax hike by allowing this, is deceitful propaganda at its worst.
* The repub "suggestion" was for capital gains. And this suggestion for corporate profits is ongoing - even though many pay zero as it is. Wow, across the board zero taxes - what a great gig, for some.
* Fannie and freddie did not crash the economy. Wall Street gambling and malfeasance did it. Fox "opinion" has zero credibility.
* The crash happened in 2007 just before the election, and the bailout was in 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections