Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 09:05 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,080,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
OK just 'cause y'all asked.....here is a picture of DH with Molly. Nice haircut...right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
OK It was the haircut!
I agree! The haircut is what put you over the top...

Congratulations to all of you. Molly is lucky to have you on her side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 10:26 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,041,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Yes! They really did. I was getting ready to take a picture of just Molly and Sammie when Gator and Kohla just walked in and laid down too. We were standing there for a second with our jaws hanging open before I started snapping pictures like crazy. DH even mentioned "we've been trying to get them to line up forever!

Molly was a bit restless last night (as can be expected). I kept her kenneled to be able to keep an eye on her and slept on the couch so she would feel my presence close. She has never been just a "pet" so its like having a 80 lb six week old puppy in the house. SHe is unsure of everything and everything is new to her. We start working today on all the basics...sit...down...stay....off. Her manners definately need some work. She is a sweet girl though and has only shown a little kennel aggression to Gator. (He was curious and came to close when she was kenneled). Absolutely no human aggression and she seems very eager to learn. We are off to the vet this morning to get her spay staples out and get a chart started on her. No one can confirm what vacs she has had so she getting them all today as well. If you guys can stand it...I'll have more pictures this afternoon!

can't wait for more pictures!!!!

beautiful girl in a beautiful pack.....

Old 04-30-2012, 10:43 AM

25,968 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Impressive pack! And, there is always something so precious about a sleeping baby!

Old 04-30-2012, 11:24 AM

3,751 posts, read 12,412,300 times
Default No swimming for now

Well Molly isn't too keen on the pool right now. She got a little scared by our pool cleaner (Its this little "bot" type thing that crawls all over the pool sucking up debris). Its water driven and has a long tail type thing that tends to spray water when it comes up the sides. Molly got a blast of water in the face from it so she wants NOTHING to do with the pool right now. Thats OK. She is still on a bit of overload so we are taking it very slow. We have been working on sit, down, stay, off as well as her leash manners. She is bright and very food motivated. On the negative side..she is a champion counter surfer! You also have to be careful if you have food. She is currently of the belief that whatever I have in my hand, on a plate or in a cup must be also for her if she can grab it from me

As I said - its going to take a little time to teach her manners. I just hope to live through it!

Old 04-30-2012, 01:18 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,041,951 times
I have absolute faith in you both.....

Old 04-30-2012, 02:25 PM

8,578 posts, read 7,080,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
I have absolute faith in you both.....
Me too! Molly is a beauty! She'll learn in time.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:52 PM

175 posts, read 590,475 times
What a group of beautiful dogs!!!! They are all so pretty!!
Your new one is one lucky dog to belong to that group!!

I have a new lab rescue - she is with us 4 weeks now and we just opened our pool last week. She would not go near it but she watched as our other lab jumped right in since she has been waiting for the pool to open since October!! She also was "concerned" about our automatic pool cleaner that also sprays water at times too. Our new girl watched for a couple of days and then ignored the pool completely UNTIL we put our solar cover on yesterday! I guess she thought the blue solar cover was the bottom and she very slowly walked right in or should I say fell right in! She floundered on top of the solar cover and of course I ran and was ready to jump in after her but my husband just calmly called her to the side and pulled her out and she ran around happy as can be. It was surprising because she never even went near the winter cover her first 3 weeks here but I guess the water and the blue color was too inticing to her. Our other girl is a dock diver so this one might have to learn from her.. if not.. so be it.

Have fun with your pack!!

Old 04-30-2012, 09:06 PM

3,751 posts, read 12,412,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayee View Post
What a group of beautiful dogs!!!! They are all so pretty!!
Your new one is one lucky dog to belong to that group!!

I have a new lab rescue - she is with us 4 weeks now and we just opened our pool last week. She would not go near it but she watched as our other lab jumped right in since she has been waiting for the pool to open since October!! She also was "concerned" about our automatic pool cleaner that also sprays water at times too. Our new girl watched for a couple of days and then ignored the pool completely UNTIL we put our solar cover on yesterday! I guess she thought the blue solar cover was the bottom and she very slowly walked right in or should I say fell right in! She floundered on top of the solar cover and of course I ran and was ready to jump in after her but my husband just calmly called her to the side and pulled her out and she ran around happy as can be. It was surprising because she never even went near the winter cover her first 3 weeks here but I guess the water and the blue color was too inticing to her. Our other girl is a dock diver so this one might have to learn from her.. if not.. so be it.

Have fun with your pack!!
Wow - I would have had fits if Molly had fallen on top of a pool cover We generally leave out pools open year round down here. Towards the end of the day she was showing interest at the edge again so there is still hope. We have 3 water dogs and not ONE likes to swim Glad your puppers is OK!

Old 04-30-2012, 10:54 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,590,473 times
Aw, congratulations! She's beautiful!

Old 05-01-2012, 12:15 AM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,123,168 times
Awww, congrats...she's a beauty. I need to read the back story and catch up.

ETA...I do remember your earlier thread about Molly. I'm thrilled everything is working out. And, wanted to add that a good friend of mine recently adopted/rescued an English Cocker from a breeder. She's a retired show dog who was slow to accomplish the needed points, etc. The breeder was going to still use her as a breeder until my friend called and wanted to adopt her.

Holly has been "home" for three weeks now and yes, has had challenges too. She is slowly learning to be a beloved pet, play with toys and just be a regular dog. I know Molly will too. Best of luck to Molly...she doesn't yet know how great her life is forever going to be.

Last edited by ZSP; 05-01-2012 at 12:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs