Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 06:11 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,426,953 times

Advertisements

My mother and I fight with this all the time. She gets so angry when I bring animals into human discussion. Case in point: I have a great dane that drools....my mother makes a big scene when I talk about his drool ( she'll roll her eyes, get up and leave sort of thing) However when I mention human drool ( particular babies and kids) she flies into a fit and says, " You CANNOT compare humans to animals."

I can tolerate a lot more bodily fluids from animals than I can people. My mother thinks its stupid. ( I can't wait to leave here)

What about everyone else out there? Thought I would ask folks that dealt with animals and children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 06:18 PM

184 posts, read 703,650 times
humans are animals. end of argument.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:40 PM

I've said that too in one or more of our discussions only to be given a dirty look.....

Old 12-27-2011, 06:53 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,887,257 times
id probbaly avoid the topics that set her off lol, im very anit drama...

my parents were never as into animals as i am...id exress knowledge when asked, but otherwise i tmet with eye rollls ect so i stopped sharing unless asked.

personally i can hendle pet messes MUCH better than i can people...
i used to work in a zoo and ive worked in kennels and doggy day cares...animal poop NO problems...
baby poop however makes me gag lol
same goes for drool...dog drools on me eww it slimey whipe with a towel and tada...baby drools on me though i actually break out...(the human mouth contains much different bacteria and is actually the dirtiest place ever...)

i tell folks im allergic to people lol

Old 12-27-2011, 06:55 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,216,050 times
I find it revolting when people let their dogs lick their face. Disgusting.

I surely would not want one drooling all over. Hell, I don't want a drooler to set foot in my house.

Last edited by Zembonez; 12-27-2011 at 07:26 PM..

Old 12-27-2011, 07:21 PM

foxywench, you sound like me to a T. I usually avoid topics like this but every now and again they are inspired either by TV or a certain mishap.

Well Zembonz I'd guess I'd fall into that "idiot" category. My boy is not a kisser but I don't mind if other dogs are. As for drooling it just comes with my boy but I don't discredit him for what he is.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:25 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,216,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildnFree View Post
foxywench, you sound like me to a T. I usually avoid topics like this but every now and again they are inspired either by TV or a certain mishap.

Well Zembonz I'd guess I'd fall into that "idiot" category. My boy is not a kisser but I don't mind if other dogs are. As for drooling it just comes with my boy but I don't discredit him for what he is.
Well... please excuse my use of the word idiot. Obviously it doesn't apply to all. I just can't handle the face lickers. I love interacting with dogs otherwise... some of the smartest animals I have ever been around. Smarter than a lot of people we know!

There. I fixed my post.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
Well... please excuse my use of the word idiot. Obviously it doesn't apply to all. I just can't handle the face lickers. I love interacting with dogs otherwise... some of the smartest animals I have ever been around. Smarter than a lot of people we know!

There. I fixed my post.
Its fine. I don't like obsessive licking but every now and again a wet cheek is nice.

I agree 100% with the last sentence.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:37 AM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,126,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post

There. I fixed my post.
Then you would not like my tonsil tickling, nose probing doggies!

Just kidding...well, not really but I do understand your dislike of face licking. Do you have an aversion to having your toes licked? LOL Again, just kidding! It's late and I can't sleep.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:15 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,075,939 times
I have no problems cleaning up after dogs, cats, etc......but don't ask me to clean up human waste. Ewwww!

Don't have a problem with animals licking me.....if a human did it I would barf.

Don't have a problem with strays or wild animals defacating in my yard either.....but if I caught a human doing it I would feel like calling in a hazmat unit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs