Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2011, 04:20 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,431,350 times

Advertisements

Little Fuzzy Butt went to his home about a week ago. I committed to two little chi boys that were headed to the shelter after their family lost their jobs and had to move into government housing. They were only allowed to take one dog and had four. I can't take big ones right now, so I offered to take the chi boys. The lady that temporarily kept them until she could bring them to me went and got the other dog - an elderly girl that probably will live her life with that wonderful lady since it's so hard to find homes for older dogs.

Anyway, the chi boys got here yesterday. Tuffy is a puppy, maybe 6 months old. We're pretty sure he took a major blow to the head as a tiny puppy. He has no neurological damage but his face is definitely twisted from it. The guy that had him took him to a neighbor (the family that lost their job) and asked if they wanted him. He said if not he'd take a baseball bat to him to 'euthanize' him since he didn't want him around. Wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened to him to begin with. The week before he came here the lady that was holding him for me had to save him from one of her dogs. He got a wicked little bite around his head so he's got some healed up sores from that on top of everything else. Since she took him to the vet for that she had him neutered while he was there. This woman has been so beyond amazing for these poor dogs! Anyway, Tuffy is just nothing but love. He's a chi mix, I'm guessing maybe with some Corgi. Always open for suggestions if anyone else has breed mix thoughts. He loves to snuggle and slept on my chest all night last night. On his way here yesterday he got car sick and has been coughing since then. Yesterday was bad, he was coughing almost constantly and bringing up a lot of fluid. I was afraid he aspirated when he vomited but John listened to his lungs this morning and they're clear. He woke up much better, coughing reduced and he's not bringing up any fluid now.

Rico is all chi, just a big one. He reminds me of our BooBoo. Very sweet and snugglie and slept under the blankets by Angus last night. He's about 3 years old. He has some separation anxiety, but we're working on that now. Other than that, he's a quiet little guy that's not the least bit demanding. Just super sweet and really a very good dog. Flawlessly housebroken too. He slept until after 11 this morning with MunchABunch, so he's got a bladder like she does! He's all vetted too, so both boys are ready for adoption. Of course, if they're not adopted they'll stay here. And that's always a danger in our house with hubby when it comes to chis anyway! Little Tuffy is 9 pounds and Rico is 12 pounds.

Attached photos of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Newest fosters-014.jpg   Newest fosters-022.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 05:22 AM

30,527 posts, read 16,226,596 times
not into little dogs (or puppies either) but I'm so glad they've got a place to live until they find a place to live! lol

And please give that wonderful lady a hug for helping. and yourself too. well, hugging yourself might be a little weird. Maybe just a pat on the back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs