Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2020, 04:22 PM

6,399 posts, read 11,966,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloo66 View Post
With all the Californians moving here, it will be awesome. I do like Five Guys, Shake-N-Shack, and Smash Burger too. The issue is demand. Is it necessary? What's necessary? It's all about profitability and with the COL going up in Denver it's time. A great and original fastfood family owned restaurant is an awesome addition. In-N-Outs are not franchised. It's an original Burger joint from So Cal. I'd like to see Whattaburger too, maybe Taco Cabana, and El Pollo Loco. Is it necessary probably not. Alta California is returning to Colorado.
El Pollo Loco was around for awhile, but had the worst locations where they were trying to compete with Mexican/Latin American chicken places. That's not really their core market so not a surprise they folded up. I would like to see them come back for another try in better markets, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon as they took a beating in their national and international expansion plans and seem to have decided to retrench in their current markets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 06:58 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,770,595 times
I've never been too big on In N Out but seeing them pop up here is kinda cool. I didn't think they would actually expand to Colorado.

Old 11-19-2020, 06:37 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,055,022 times
In-N-Out is opening tomorrow at 10 am in Aurora & Colorado Springs.

https://www.9news.com/article/life/s...5-f569ee84571e

Old 11-19-2020, 07:57 PM

17,761 posts, read 30,087,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloo66 View Post
In-N-Out is opening tomorrow at 10 am in Aurora
OMG!
Wet my panties. Not.
Does make me desire a Park Burger, though.

Old 11-20-2020, 08:48 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,293,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
I've never been too big on In N Out but seeing them pop up here is kinda cool. I didn't think they would actually expand to Colorado.
For In-N-Out, it's all about being a day's truck drive from a distribution center. There are no freezers at In-N-Outs. Everything must stay fresh.

They built a distribution center in Colorado Springs, so that tends to open up a lot of territory for them. Previous news reports claim a 500-mile radius from a distribution center. If you plug in the address 1707 Spring Water Point, Colorado Springs, CO into https://www.mapdevelopers.com/draw-circle-tool.php, you'll see it's a wide-open market for them - Albuquerque, Amarillo, Wichita, Omaha, Rapid City (they're already in Salt Lake).

Old 11-20-2020, 11:00 AM

3,423 posts, read 4,700,963 times
Hopefully In N Out will serve Cheyenne, Casper, Scottsbluff, Rapid City, Omaha and some other neighboring states soon. Is there a certain population minimum they have to achieve?

Old 11-20-2020, 03:45 PM

5,119 posts, read 3,468,379 times
The Aurora location is 30 minutes from my house so we had to drive up and gawk. Had no intention of trying to get food and just stayed on Alameda. Super long lines of traffic and hoards of pedestrians lined up in the mall parking lot. It was congested but traffic on Alameda was moving ok. The signs were directing people to use Abilene for the drive-thru and wouldn't let you enter the drive-thru from Alameda. It was funny seeing the electronic hwy signs as you approach the area warning people of the grand opening event.

Old 11-20-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
The Aurora location is 30 minutes from my house so we had to drive up and gawk. Had no intention of trying to get food and just stayed on Alameda. Super long lines of traffic and hoards of pedestrians lined up in the mall parking lot. It was congested but traffic on Alameda was moving ok. The signs were directing people to use Abilene for the drive-thru and wouldn't let you enter the drive-thru from Alameda. It was funny seeing the electronic hwy signs as you approach the area warning people of the grand opening event.
News reported APD estimating a 14 hour line. I mean really what is worth waiting an hour for, these people waiting even 3 hours have got to be kidding themselves.

Old 11-20-2020, 05:11 PM

26,345 posts, read 49,372,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
News reported APD estimating a 14 hour line. I mean really what is worth waiting an hour for, these people waiting even 3 hours have got to be kidding themselves.
People always line up for something 'new' -- especially eateries. We've In N Out here in the Phoenix area and yes, it's a good fresh burger served up in sparkling clean facility that I consider a bit retro -- think Johnny Rockets kind of retro old school burger joint. The lines will ease up after the newness is over but there will be a following for the offerings. It was the same when Popeye's brought out that new chicken sandwich, you couldn't get them for months, now they're back in stock and it is an awesome sandwich, my "go to."
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-20-2020, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
People always line up for something 'new' -- especially eateries. We've In N Out here in the Phoenix area and yes, it's a good fresh burger served up in sparkling clean facility that I consider a bit retro -- think Johnny Rockets kind of retro old school burger joint. The lines will ease up after the newness is over but there will be a following for the offerings. It was the same when Popeye's brought out that new chicken sandwich, you couldn't get them for months, now they're back in stock and it is an awesome sandwich, my "go to."
If In N Out was here for the weekend or until the end of November I'd get standing in line for it. Its going to be here a long time and everyone knows that. We all knew it would be a huge line day one, why go wait for it now? I was in Vegas when the first one came, it was the same ridiculous wait, people parked their cars for the drive thru line 2 days before because that's when they were allowed to. Just insanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver