Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 10:38 PM

66 posts, read 180,126 times

Advertisements

Moving to the area at the end of November. For various reasons, we have narrowed it down to the Castle Rock area. I'm moving my family there (wife and 4 kids) and then I'm jetting back out to Afghanistan for a year so Im going to rent them an apartment until I get back and we buy a home.

I did some searches for rental homes and theres not many choices. I found 5 apartment complexes in Castle Rock but 4 of them had hideous reviews, just scared the heck out of me. The only one that had good reviews was the Reserve at Highlands.

Anyone here ever lived there, or know someone who does/has? Or any word-around-the-campfire info?

Im thinking about applying to rent there..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 02:44 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Here's a SFH for rent that will be a lot better than an apartment.

There are others. Use padmapper.com and set the filters for number of bedrooms, etc
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:12 PM

Thanks again Mike youve always been help

Even though my pay will be well over 6 figures we plan to bunker down and live frugally while I am away in Afghanistan so that we can save the most money we can - so a $1900-$2000 rental is out of our range. I want to stay under $1300 so Im pretty much reduced to apartments...

I will check out this padmapper.com though I havent seen that before. Thanks again man

Old 10-02-2013, 05:15 PM

Padmapper.com often takes you to Craigslist, so be sure to read and heed the warnings on CL about the scammers.

If it sounds too good to be true....if they ask for money or personal info, if they're out of the country doing "missionary work" .....run

Old 10-02-2013, 05:20 PM

Oh yeah Im well aware of these people and have a lot of craigslist experiences.

Mike I had another question I dont know if you know this or not...but on greatschools.com I noticed that the only national ranked High Schools that are in Colorado are down in the Colorado Springs area. Didnt see any up in the Denver or surrounding areas. Are they just that bad up there? My wife says she also likes the Parker/Centennial/Highlands ranch area.

I noticed there are 2 high schools in Castle Rock but neither of them are ranked in US News and Report's yearly HS ranking lists. Kinda makes me wonder. Do you have any insight on this?

Old 10-02-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intelgents View Post
Oh yeah Im well aware of these people and have a lot of craigslist experiences.

Mike I had another question I dont know if you know this or not...but on greatschools.com I noticed that the only national ranked High Schools that are in Colorado are down in the Colorado Springs area. Didnt see any up in the Denver or surrounding areas. Are they just that bad up there? My wife says she also likes the Parker/Centennial/Highlands ranch area.

I noticed there are 2 high schools in Castle Rock but neither of them are ranked in US News and Report's yearly HS ranking lists. Kinda makes me wonder. Do you have any insight on this?
No, sure don't, but I'd bet that Denver metro area has some superb schools. There are some excellent schools in COLO SPGS too.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:00 AM

254 posts, read 513,411 times
Here are some high schools ranked by USNWR (although I don't think that is the best source of information about h.s. effectiveness). The list goes on and on, this is just a sample.

D'Evelyn Junior/​Senior High School
Denver Center for International Studies
Denver School of the Arts
Denver School of Science and Technology
Cherry Creek High School
East High School
Lakewood High School
Arapahoe High School
Ralston Valley
etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver