Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2007, 11:01 PM

9 posts, read 18,155 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating to FortWorth, but not sure where to live; Dallas or Fort Worth and I guess it all depends on:
1) Commute time from downtown Fort Worth to someplace near downtown Dallas (like the Historic District). and
2) Home Price appreciation. has it changed in the last couple of months either Fort Worth or Dallas? (Dont want to loose $$ when selling...)

Thanks guys!!!

ps: which are the up and comming Dallas or FortWorth trendiest neighborhoods??
cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2007, 05:24 PM

207 posts, read 926,513 times
I would like to know as well.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:37 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,471,838 times
Commuting back and forth between Dallas and FW every day - yikes. There is a train you can take. It's about an hour each way.

Trendy neighborhood in Dallas would be Uptown.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:28 PM

43 posts, read 294,178 times
We just moved to Colleyville which is kind of in the middle of Ft. Worth and Dallas. Actually, we just moved from Australia, so we've had a huge move and done tons of research on neighborhoods. What I've found out so far is that the neighborhoods which would be best for you depend so much on your lifestyle situation at the moment. For example, we've got 2 little kids, so schools and a family, neighborhood vibe were important to us. One thing I can also say is that we are so pleasantly surprized with what we've found so far. We weren't expecting it to be so lush and green here. The area we've picked though is like that from what I'm told. We were looking in Southlake / Colleyville for home appreciation as well as schools, etc. But if you're single then areas like Uptown are pretty cool. The commute to FW would be a bummer though! Other areas like McKinney / Frisco / Plano would also be too far for you and (sorry everyone!) didn't seem to be as pretty as the area we chose. That said, Garland Firewall area is also really nice. Good luck to you and I hope you're as happy with your move as we have been!

Old 09-10-2007, 04:56 PM

2,231 posts, read 6,070,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibboK View Post
But if you're single then areas like Uptown are pretty cool. The commute to FW would be a bummer though! Other areas like McKinney / Frisco / Plano would also be too far for you and (sorry everyone!) didn't seem to be as pretty as the area we chose. That said, Garland Firewall area is also really nice. Good luck to you and I hope you're as happy with your move as we have been!
I'd agree that a commute to Fort Worth from much of the DFW area would be very difficult. You might be better off living in Fort Worth itself and commuting to the events in central Dallas that interest you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas