Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 05:23 PM

90 posts, read 360,856 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! Everyone knows Dallas more than Fort Worth. Does anyone think fort worth will out grow Dallas??? If it does, do you think it will become more popular?

please respond!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2007, 06:12 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,432,399 times
The answer probably lies in what type of employment is in Fort Worth ?

Popularity means little if you can't find gainful employment.

I work in technology/electronic prodcuct development and 95% of my customers are in between the tollway and the 75.

I then believe most banking/finance jobs are in/around Dallas.

If Fort Worth can attract alot of new business, then it's possible that the area will grow.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:23 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Just ask someone from ol' Funkytown (me) or alot of others who live in Fort Worth and they'll tell you:

Fort Worth will be bigger than Dallas. As long as this city keeps it's charm and well adjusted police force. (By the Way, for city endorcement purposes, Watch Cops. The show that is filmed in Fort Worth, Texas 90% of the time. Cops, Saturdays 8pm, 7-central. Only on FOX. Now that we have that out of the way. Fort Worth can become more popular than Dallas or any other city if we just get the following....
  • More major corporations (American Airlines and Best-maid Pickles isn't enough!)
  • A bigger, better skyline/more signature skyscrapers like Dallas
  • At least ONE major sports team (Dallas gets everything. It's not fair! Jerry Jones wouldn't even give Fort Worth a friggin' Arena Football team. What's up with that, Jerry? Ft. Worth's a city too!)

Any way. Fort Worth is a great city. As a proud native, I would love to see the day that we are the ones getting all the attention and Dallas get's the shaft. I respect Dallas alot, but Dallas has to pay attention to it's little brother to the west. But until then, this will be Fort Worth's motto:

Ah, Fort Worth, TX. America's most overshadowed city.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:07 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
By the way dallas,texas I just HAVE to ask, do you people in Dallas think of Fort Worth as a major city, or just another one of your suburbs?

Old 02-19-2007, 04:15 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
By the way dallas,texas I just HAVE to ask, do you people in Dallas think of Fort Worth as a major city, or just another one of your suburbs?
I see it as a city, always have and I am a native Dallasite. Pretty soon the area between Austin and San Antonio is going to be all grown together and it will be just like DFW. The Dallas Cowboys have not been IN Dallas since they played at the Cotton Bowl. You REALLY wanted them IN Ft Worth? I have to say that I am not sad to see them in Arlington but I feel sorry for those people that got pushed out of their homes by Jerry "$$$$" Jones.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:02 AM

1,560 posts, read 7,146,916 times
In my opinion they are two seperate and distinct towns. They share a number of resources and suburbs, but they are definately different cities.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:49 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,716,398 times
FW is definitely a different city. Being a newbie here, I was surprised at how different of a vibe FW had compared to Dallas.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:01 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,432,399 times
FW is definitely closer to the stereotype outsiders have of Texas.

More cowboy, laid back.....

To me, Dallas is alot like other big cities I've been to like LA. Of course people are friendlier here, but the 'hustle/bustle' is about the same.

Seriously, Socal was more laid back than here...That may be what I miss the most about Socal, with the exception of the complacency that comes with laid back. Guess you can't have it both ways.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:42 PM

443 posts, read 1,567,029 times
Dallas has a pop of 1.4 million, FW somewhere around 580,000. So not a chance anytime soon. Dallas is pretty much built out, but is building up, alot of vacant land left in FW, but will never be as dense as Dallas, Dallas will always be the urban core of the city. Dallas is much more big city type than FW. I don't think of FW as a suburb necessarily though, they have their own culture and museums etc much more so than your average suburb of arlington or plano.

Old 02-23-2007, 04:04 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,155,037 times
I definitely do NOT consider Fort Worth a suburb of Dallas, although the city is overshadowed by its neighbor to the east. Much has to change though for Fort Worth because a sizable amount of its population commutes into Dallas County for work and jobs...much more than the amounts leaving Dallas County for Tarrant.

Dallas actually has a lot of room to grow in the southern half of the city...it's relatively empty compared to the north side of town which is built-out. The area just has to get past the stigma it has in many people's minds. South Dallas is actually nice topographically and is very hilly in parts similar to areas of the hill country further south.

The population projections from the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG.org) shows Dallas at around 1.4 million by 2030 and Fort Worth growing to around 825,000 by the same time. They currently peg the populations of both at roughly 1.24 million and 580K respectively. IMHO, I don't foresee the city of Fort Worth passing the city of Dallas before the middle of this century if even then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas