Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 09:17 AM

1,533 posts, read 7,239,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda123 View Post
does anyone know what school district the jonas brothers will be attending when they move to vaquero? or are they home schooling?
Considering they are famous, and travel a lot they most likely have a private tutor. Very few professional young actors or musicians ever go to public school. The singer Jojo was in public school when she got famous and the other students were jealous and started teasing her and she left school. similar things can be said for Jessica Simpson and LeAnn Rimes.

Above all the Jonas brothers are real people and probably want a normal private life and want to be able to do normal things like go to the mall, or wate rpark without being mobbed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 08:25 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,434,786 times
[quote=MaryS80;4437669Jessica Simpson [/QUOTE]

Knowing a lot of students and teachers at Pearce at that time. Ms. Simpson brought most of it on herself.

Still it can't be easy for anybody.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:04 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,239,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth2003 View Post
Knowing a lot of students and teachers at Pearce at that time. Ms. Simpson brought most of it on herself.

Still it can't be easy for anybody.
A friend of mine went to Pearce with her, he has nothing good to say about her, and he's normally a nice guy. I've also heard numerous stories from the parishioners of Joe Simpsons former church.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:26 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
A friend of mine went to Pearce with her, he has nothing good to say about her, and he's normally a nice guy. I've also heard numerous stories from the parishioners of Joe Simpsons former church.
NEVER, and I mean NEVER mention that name at their former church. You won't hear that name mentioned either by ANYONE.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:42 AM

1,067 posts, read 5,654,710 times
Hey I remember you saying too that if you mentioned Jessica's name out and her mother was nearby, watchout!

As far as living behind a guarded gate, I did in Florida with celebrities.

Usually people living in gated neighborhoods like that want to be recluse and that was the case for where we lived. We lived on a 5 acre lot as did everybody to give optimal privacy and can imagine that if Vaquero has acerage that is why they chose to live there. I am not sure but it seems like they could also gate their individual property too, they could in my old neighborhood.

My neighbor across the street from me was Sable and her ex husband Mark Mero. I can still remember the day I turned the corner and a 18 wheeler was on the easment and her clothes were going into the back of that rig. I thought that maybe she was going back on tour and thought that was neat. True she was, but sadly they were seperating and eventually divorced. That was a day in May I think 2004. I only spoke with Mark once to give him his mail, it had gotten in my mailbox by mistake. I regret that I ever did due to I felt like I was invading his space. He slammed the door in my face after I gave him the mail. Over the years, I have gotten my neighbors mail before in my box and have always returned it to them. I have never been treated like that, usually they are happy I would give it to them.

James Best also lived in my neighborhood down in the Orlando area and he and his wife Dorothy were extremely nice people. I bought a painting from him and proudly display it in my kitchen.

As I stated prior as long as the fans are outside the neighborhood gates, they should be fine. The problem would be if they somehow went inside which I doubt can happen if there is a gate and a guard to get through.

Last edited by stargazer; 07-14-2008 at 09:07 AM..

Old 07-14-2008, 09:24 AM

Location: DFW, specializing in NE Tarrant County, Southlake, Westlake, Keller, Grapevine, Trophy Club, Roanoke
77 posts, read 333,943 times
For what it's worth, Terry Fator, the puppeteer who won "America's Got Talent" and just signed a $100M contract in Las Vegas recently bought a home in my community of Trophy Club, which is just a couple miles from Vaquero and has about 100 times LESS snob appeal.

For those who object to posting this kind of information on message boards, I can only say that celebrity comes at a price. It's part of the Devil's Bargain, so to speak. In fact, the only thing worse for a celebrity than being talked about is NOT being talked about...

If nobody cared where the Jonas Brothers bought a home... that would be a huge problem for the Jonas Brothers.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:54 AM

1,067 posts, read 5,654,710 times
Hey I laughed at that. LOL. This is also a true saying too.. When your a rock star, fans come with the territory.

I was having an adventure down in South Texas a few weeks ago, I should have taken a picture of a water tower we passed in San Benito. It had a huge likeness of Freddy Fender on it. This was apparently the hometown of Freddy .
My husband thought, why would they do that? I told him, it was only because they were proud and loved him. I thought it was touching actually.
I don't think there will be any Jonas Brothers water towers but I think that many will be happy they are choosing to be here. They chose to live in DFW, a place I call home by choice and love too.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:31 PM

1 posts, read 5,805 times
Default I can verify the move

Yes, it is true ....all 3 boys and the parents have moved to Verquero. They live down the street from one of my daughters good friends. They have already met them and say they are all really nice. Verquero is a very high end neighborhood with tight security. Easy access to airport too. Tiger woods golfs there alot.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:28 PM

Location: DFW, specializing in NE Tarrant County, Southlake, Westlake, Keller, Grapevine, Trophy Club, Roanoke
77 posts, read 333,943 times
Where do they park that huge tour bus??

Old 07-15-2008, 12:13 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
not at the house, I bet my deed restrictions--
I bet it has its own indoor garage someplace---
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas