Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2022, 11:03 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,084,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBlonde View Post
Is there any major Hospitals close to this area ?
Thank You in advance!
It depends on where in the city you are. The closest hospital will be in Flower Mound. Beyond that, you would be going to Lewisville or Denton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2022, 07:32 PM

15 posts, read 24,089 times
Are you thinking of Highland Park Village area? Thats in Dallas, TX. Don't get that confussed with Highland Village in Denton County, north of Dallas.

Old 10-02-2022, 07:18 AM

132 posts, read 102,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpatel87 View Post
Are you thinking of Highland Park Village area? Thats in Dallas, TX. Don't get that confussed with Highland Village in Denton County, north of Dallas.
Yes I’m considering Highland village in north Dallas

Is it expensive? How are the property taxes ?

Old 10-02-2022, 09:37 AM

Quote:

Highland Park and Highland Village are two completely separate cities. Highland Park is an enclave in the middle of Dallas where only the wealthiest people can live. Everything there is going to be well into the millions. Highland Village is a suburb well to the north of Dallas which is also among the most affluent but not nearly so expensive as Highland Park. As a conservative, you are better off in Highland Village.

Highland Park could well be comparable to Manhattan pricing, but you're going to get a very different style of house.

From what you want, I would recommend avoiding Dallas County entirely. However, do realize Highland Park and Highland Village are two separate cities. Do a Google search, and verify which one you had in mind.

Highland Park Village is a retail shopping plaza in Highland Park catering to people who like to show off their wealth. It's not a city or neighborhood to live in, and it's not even fun to visit like it used to be.

Old 10-02-2022, 10:20 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,292,163 times
Quote:

1. Highland Village is NOT in North Dallas. It is a far out suburb, 35 miles north OF Dallas. Denton is the closest bigger city to Highland Village.

2. Is it that hard for you to do a basic real estate search to see how expensive it is? https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...ily-home/sby-2

3. Property taxes in Texas will run about 2.2-2.5% of purchase price annually. It could be more or less depending on the tax exemptions you qualify for and the local taxing entity rates.

You’re not getting serious answers on this thread because you’re behaving like a troll with cryptic answers. No, it’s not as expensive as Manhattan. Yes, it’s lower crime rate than NYC. Duh. If you had done any little tiny amount of actual research you would already know these basic things.

It just kind of seems like you threw a dart at a map and decided to ask about the place the dart landed on which is a waste of time for everyone…

Old 10-02-2022, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
1. Highland Village is NOT in North Dallas. It is a far out suburb, 35 miles north OF Dallas. Denton is the closest bigger city to Highland Village.

2. Is it that hard for you to do a basic real estate search to see how expensive it is? https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...ily-home/sby-2

3. Property taxes in Texas will run about 2.2-2.5% of purchase price annually. It could be more or less depending on the tax exemptions you qualify for and the local taxing entity rates.

You’re not getting serious answers on this thread because you’re behaving like a troll with cryptic answers. No, it’s not as expensive as Manhattan. Yes, it’s lower crime rate than NYC. Duh. If you had done any little tiny amount of actual research you would already know these basic things.

It just kind of seems like you threw a dart at a map and decided to ask about the place the dart landed on which is a waste of time for everyone…
If my post is such a waste of time then why did you answer it ? Just keep scrolling.
You’re a very nasty person and a poor example of southern hospitality.

Old 10-02-2022, 02:41 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,301,517 times
lol... this poor poster has encountered the wrath for this post. Lots of sarcasm and snarky responses.

Highland Village is a nice quiet bedroom community NW of Dallas. Denton County probably has the largest conservative percentage out of the big 4 DFW counties although I think some of the smaller counties may provide you a more solid conservative experience. As for not getting that "Southern Hospitality" one would expect, welcome to Dallas... and wait until you have to drive here, it's way worse.

Old 10-02-2022, 07:54 PM

Quote:
If my post is such a waste of time then why did you answer it ? Just keep scrolling.
You’re a very nasty person and a poor example of southern hospitality.
A lot of people on here can be rude. I think the bigger question people want to know is whether you mean Highland Park or Highland Village. These are both two different cities, and you haven't clarified which of the two you mean.

Either way, I think it's important to ask what led you the specific city and whether you are open to other cities that may better fit what you want.

Also, for whoever said Denton is the nearest large city to Highland Village, I would counter Flower Mound and Lewisville are closer, but it all depends on where in either city one is. A person can easily get by living in Highland Village and never need to set foot in Denton.

Old 10-03-2022, 07:02 AM

I’m looking into highland Village but I don’t want to feel like I’m in the middle of nowhere.
How far is it from grocery stores, shopping, restaurants etc

Old 10-03-2022, 07:33 AM

533 posts, read 642,587 times
You'll be fine in highland village. It is very much within the DFW metro area with the usual amenities you would expect from a suburb of a metro area. Are you planning to work? If so, do you know why? - this would be the biggest factor in where you put down your roots. DFW metro is HUGE so it is advisable to live closer to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas