Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 10:25 AM

1,032 posts, read 874,442 times

Advertisements

To meet beautiful Dallas women who are successful? Equinox.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2021, 02:01 PM

26 posts, read 32,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTC Mom View Post
I honestly don't know why people think this question is so weird or creepy. People have to meet somewhere.
Right lol..

I have generally found that people who think men approaching women is weird or creepy fall into one of two categories:

1) Men who cannot attract beautiful women

2) Unattractive women

Old 03-24-2021, 02:46 PM

405 posts, read 340,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleGuy28 View Post
Right lol..

I have generally found that people who think men approaching women is weird or creepy fall into one of two categories:

1) Men who cannot attract beautiful women

2) Unattractive women

Approaching women in a public place is weird and creepy. It has been that way for over 20 years. I have better luck with women on dating sites.

Old 03-24-2021, 03:31 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,533,977 times
I am with JTC Mom and said so upthread. I will say it again, I know how hard it has been on singles in this time. I did not get the vibe from OP that he was going to be creepy. I think most people with any amount of EQ know if someone is open to chat or wants to be left alone. I don't think there is anything wrong with dating sites, but some people don't like them. I do not think approaching someone is creepy unless YOU MAKE IT CREEPY. Has everyone lost their minds? Goodness.

Old 03-24-2021, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysan89 View Post
I have better luck with women on dating sites.
Congratulations to you and your wife.. Which site did you two meet on?

Old 03-24-2021, 10:22 PM

405 posts, read 340,553 times
Quote:
Congratulations to you and your wife.. Which site did you two meet on?
It was on OkCupid.

Old 03-25-2021, 12:24 PM

34 posts, read 25,869 times
Have a friend who swears by dance classes. Specifically ballet and hip hop dance. He says to avoid salsa, lots of guys pick that where ratio is not as favorable. His experience so dunno. Personally I'd do cardio kickboxing, or something that's convenient and I'd enjoy.

Old 03-27-2021, 09:15 AM

Quote:
It was on OkCupid.
Blast from the past.. Haven't heard of them in ages..

Old 03-27-2021, 11:50 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times
Quote:
I am a single 28 year old guy looking for Mrs. Right
I'm really into fitness, and spend a lot of time working out at the gym, so I'd love to meet someone with similar interests.
Definitely trying to avoid Lifetime Fitness and the whole family-friendly suburban crowd.
Cost is no issue, but I'm afraid that the most expensive gyms will have more 40 year old men and fewer 25 year old girls.
Ideally, I'd love to find a gym that is 80% women.. but not sure if that's even possible.
Ignoring the pandemic, what are the best Dallas-area gyms to meet as many girls 18-27 as possible?
I have heard that neighborhoods like Uptown, Deep Ellum, Knox-Henderson, Lower Greenville, and others may be a good place to look.
Would be open to college girls, but would prefer someone 23-25 who has her own apartment, career, etc.
You have the right idea. You want to avoid swipe apps. While there is a surplus of single men-single women in your age range in every major U.S. city, the ratio on the swipe apps is even worse. Women's swipe queues are astounding. It's not uncommon to be competing with 1,000 other men on a swipe app for a woman's attention. If you approach women in person, you are guaranteed to have her attention for some amount of time where that isn't guaranteed on a swipe app.

Being fit is going to help you in gym type approaching.

You're going to want to look in the neighborhoods you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
I don’t how how many of your target “Mrs. Rights” want to be hit on while working out.
But to answer your question, they aren’t at gyms. They’re at the boutique studios. Pilates & cycle are some of the more popular ones. Near SMU is PilatesBarre and Lync Cycling. In Uptown, it’s Barry’s, Soul Cycle, Session Pilates, Class Studios, etc. Start with some of those? Sign up for a ClassPass trial and you should be able to try all of those places.
I've approached many women while they are at a gym/fitness studio.

It is better to do approaching in fitness class studios than big box gyms. Even in big box gyms, it's better to do the approaching in classes than the regular gym floor.

On the regular gym floor, most women have been wearing earbuds since the late 2000s. I have approached women in the gym while wearing earbuds. It can be done but it is not a dependable way to do things to be successful in getting dates.

This effort for the OP has to be centered around fitness classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I read somewhere that the odds for single straight men are much better in Fort Worth.
It's a less competitive scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Movingeast View Post
My brother is around your age and single and I just want to say, I know this has been a hard year. I also know you didn't mean to be cringey, you are just trying to meet someone in a more organic fashion than a dating app. When people are surrounded by other "smug marrieds" they lose track of what it feels like to be looking for a partner.

What about Camp Gladiator? It's more of a team type workout and there might be some ladies depending on location. I am in the 'burbs but I wonder about the Dallas proper sites.
The major advantage for Camp Gladiator is being outside. Prior to the pandemic, that was a bit of drawback from June-September. The outdoor environment now is a better option than it was.

The "smug marrieds" are common for people in their 2nd half of 20s/first half of 30s for single and unattached people. The "smug marrieds" are usually early stage marrieds who have yet to be beaten down by marriage. It's possible to still deal with smug marrieds multiple years after the wedding, it becomes less common because a lot of single and unattached people don't have long term married people in their social circles anymore.

Also, a lot of married people put on a good facade for the outside world but internally their marriages are crumbling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio July View Post
The gym and the grocery store are two places that most women DEFINITELY don't like being hit on at. I thought every decent, self-respecting and woman-respecting guy knew this...
I've done plenty of approaches in both locations. I haven't gotten much rude feedback for doing it. Some Millennial women don't know how to process an in-person approach that isn't in a bar. A lot of Millennial women are getting so accustomed to swipe app approaches that even bar approaches were getting unusual to them. This was happening prior to the pandemic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Movingeast View Post
Maybe now that the weather is better you can grab a friend and hang out at one of the patios with a friend and there will be groups of ladies out with friends.
That's not ideal. Think about the patio at the Katy Trail Ice House. Those long tables make doing approaches for new people far more difficult. Most people are sitting. Katy Trail Ice House is a good place to be with your existing social circle and possibly meet a date through an acquaintance. The sitting and the long tables make it a poor choice for finding new people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Not sure what impact Covid is having, but what about rec leagues or leagues for young professionals? I know I had some friends who played co-Ed softball and kickball in our 20’s. Some were in leagues organized through their offices but others were in some sort of rec league in Uptown?? Then you can make friends with sporty girls in a more social setting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by texstout View Post
Instead of a gym, I would join one of Dallas Sport and Social clubs. That is a way to meet people in a casual manner without being the creepy guy.
https://www.dallassocialclub.com/
I know people who met people on the Volleyball and Kickball teams.
A lot of people do the co-ed sports leagues in the hope of finding dates and longer term relationships. Some achieve it but that's rare. A number of people I know didn't get much in the way of improving their dating lives out of the sports leagues, which was disappointing to them. I think the pandemic has impacting the co-ed sports leagues.

Old 03-28-2021, 10:33 AM

121 posts, read 81,696 times
Quote:
Approaching women in a public place is weird and creepy. It has been that way for over 20 years. I have better luck with women on dating sites.
How is it weird and creepy? What if you are just being friendly? Obviously if you just walk up to them and start introducing yourself that is odd but guys/girls that have game know how to approach the right way. Do people now act more introverted when meeting new people? If so, I find that to be weird and creepy lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas