Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2007, 06:48 AM

2 posts, read 16,479 times

Advertisements

It appears from all the threads devoted to home builders in TX that Grand Homes receives mix reviews. Does anyone have current information on Grand Homes in the Grand Prairie area? The Grand Lantana floor is very nice and the Westchester (Just off I-20) community seems equally nice. Comments?

NEWS Flash: That Grand Lantana model at Westchester Courtyard in Grand Prairie was just reduce by $40,590!! What does that mean in the short term? In the long term?

Last edited by R Fox; 09-13-2007 at 08:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 09:09 AM

134 posts, read 1,221,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Fox View Post
It appears from all the threads devoted to home builders in TX that Grand Homes receives mix reviews. Does anyone have current information on Grand Homes in the Grand Prairie area? The Grand Lantana floor is very nice and the Westchester (Just off I-20) community seems equally nice. Comments?

NEWS Flash: That Grand Lantana model at Westchester Courtyard in Grand Prairie was just reduce by $40,590!! What does that mean in the short term? In the long term?
There is always more to a story than meets the eye, isn't there? If we are talking about the same house, I've walked that house and it is one that was modified for the original purchaser with changes that may not be desirable to everyone. This could well be the reason for the reduction in price. While I did like the Westchester area, I wasn't too excited about the street that house is on either. I've viewed that floor plan in other parts of Grand Prairie and they are priced much higher than the one in question. I think they have about three or four subdivisions in Grand Praire, and the one where this house is located may well be the lowest cost of all. For example, according to Grand's website, the same house in Mira Lagos is nearly $100k more.

EDIT: I just went to the website and it appears the subdivision where this house is located is now closed out. Could be a bargain for someone.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:43 AM

2 posts, read 16,479 times
Hey mOOse,

This Grand Lantana house is on Luxor Court and won't be completed by Feb 08. The layout indicates about 30 houses in two cul de sac. How did you see the neighborhood? What percentage of this community is competed? Are there residents there? Do they have the parks and other outdoor amenities completed? Thanks for the info.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:08 AM

134 posts, read 1,221,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Fox View Post
Hey mOOse,

This Grand Lantana house is on Luxor Court and won't be completed by Feb 08. The layout indicates about 30 houses in two cul de sac. How did you see the neighborhood? What percentage of this community is competed? Are there residents there? Do they have the parks and other outdoor amenities completed? Thanks for the info.
OK, I do recall a Grand Lantana going up on a corner of Luxor. The Lantana I walked through was one where the original person for whom it was built combined the master and study as one room. I can't recall much else about that house. I also recall that the community was in the closeout stage, and the website suggests that. I did not pay close attention as I was looking out of curiousity and not for the purpose of purchasing. The area appeared to be pretty occupied and I did not see many vacant lots there. I recall two lots across the street from the Lantana with the combined rooms. I don't recall seeing an amenity center but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

It appears true that some great bargains can be had when an area is in the closeout stage.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:16 PM

1 posts, read 7,335 times
Thumbs down Grand Homes - wouldn't recommend

I bought a home from GrandHomes about 1 year ago. They built a very poor quality house. I had numerous tickets (100s honestly) to address those issues and some of them are not even addressed. Warranty does seem to work okay but they try to escape on a lot of issues without fixing them. They act like they are respecting the customer but they don't have any values literally. Their upgrades are very expensive and don't get cheated by their great looking model homes. Actual house delivered will not be anywhere closer to that model home. Forget about standard features home with no upgrades...it comes like a 4 wheel car with no engine inside. They installed a wood floor at my house and it is of cheap quality. I could have paid 50% less outside for a better quality floor. I wouldn't recommend GrandHomes.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:40 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
I've always said with Grand Homes reguarding their models- What you see is not what you get.

There is a reason they rank at the bottom of JD Powers for the last 8-10 years. They deserve their reputation.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:40 AM

434 posts, read 1,481,668 times
get them to give you the same landscaping that the model has or threaten to walk away from the deal.
you'll be surprised at what they will do for you.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:36 AM

172 posts, read 509,707 times
Compared to some of the other builders in their price range, they are about dead last in looks and functionality. They seem to be in love with the super high celings. While a vaulted ceiling is nice in certain areas it should not be used in every living and dining space.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:11 AM

2 posts, read 10,945 times
Default modfel homes

when a model home goes up for sale it is no means a bad thing to get it at an AMAZING price. the only thing is it has probably been sitting for a few years. but as been kept up with by being cleaned every week and nobody has lived in it. i sell new homes, and i just sold my old model the people are in love with it and have no problems!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas