Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 09:05 AM

4 posts, read 18,768 times

Advertisements

We are strongly considering relocating to Prosper Texas, and would an overall opinion of the area from a current resident. Also, there is an event called "The Founder's Fest" I believe taking place this weekend. Can anyone tell me about this event? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 11:16 AM

1,282 posts, read 3,557,077 times
Never been to Founders Fest, but here's a write-up in the Courier-Gazette that gives specifics for events/schedules/etc...

Star Local News > Celina Record > News > Bands, bounce houses, art at Prosper Founders Fest this weekend

Last edited by PlanoGirl; 05-20-2011 at 11:27 AM..

Old 05-20-2011, 11:21 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,292,163 times
Where will your jobs be? Prosper is a looooong way from pretty much anything other than a job in Frisco or the Legacy Drive area of Plano.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:05 PM

94 posts, read 285,100 times
I like Prosper. There are some great homes and neighborhoods. I don't live there, but I'm on the other side of highway 75/121 in the McKinney/Fairview area.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:38 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,857,194 times
I too live next door in McKinney but attend church in Prosper. Great school system, still has that small town feel where everyone is really involved.

Prosper has changed from a sleepy small agricultural community to an exurb of large estate homes and golf courses in the last 15 to 20 years. It still has a rural feel to it compared to the larger suburbs of McKinney and Frisco to the south, one of its main draws.

All in all, a very nice area that I would recommend strongly.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:05 PM

Thanks for the responses. They are helpful

Old 05-20-2011, 06:07 PM

We work in full time ministry. We are planting a church in the area.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:13 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,254,649 times
As mentioned my others, it's a nice community and still rural. You still have to drive to McKinney or to Frisco for your shopping unless you are ok with a super walmart at Custer and 380.

It's not growing as fast as other cities around it did. Everyone I know that moved there likes it.

Naima

Old 06-11-2011, 06:32 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,680,128 times
Default Prosper is a wonderful place to live

This is what I found when researching Prosper....

-The new high school is insane. The student teacher ratio that Prosper is aiming for is very low.Currently I believe it is 12 to 1

- They are strict with zoning and have 2 apartment complexes on the outskirts that appear to have been" grandfathered in".Future and current zoning looks on point.Lot sizes are kept large.Taxes are reasonable ,about 2.4 %.Retail is and will be put in the right areas and green space is preserved.The town has held out for a long time and been very picky about what they will allow in.Areas like Denton,Frisco and Mc Kinney have grown much faster ( and they are going to be or already are alot bigger in population,build out estimates are much higher ).Prosper is making alot of solid decisions to protect residents investments.

- The gates of Prosper by Jerry Jones is set to start construction in 2012.It looks unbelievable ( google it ).The town voted to start moving ahead with this in April 2011.It is i n the agenda notes from the last meeting viewable online.

- The new Costco will be 5 minutes away from Prosper

- Although far from Dallas,Prosper will be right off the new tollway extension and has some amazing natural terrain.Apparently this is what attracted Niclaus to begin with.

- 2 Equestrian centers !

- Prosper had a 25 percent population growth this past year.The houses are already priced high on huge lots.Besides for Glenbrooke there are no subdivisions doing new builds under $200,000.Prosper has the highest median home values in Colin County

- Just like Southlake, Prosper has the same Mascot throughout all grades.The eagle is the mascot for the whole district like the Dragon is the mascot for the Carroll district.I think this gives kids a great sense of spirit

- A Jack Niclaus golf club is coming in called Bearsbrook.along with it will be high end residential and a town center

-A very small old town that has potential to be quite nice.The cotton Gin cafe is amazing

- Palios is a wonderful weekend eating spot.Prosper is one of the few suburbs that really has a down to earth yet upper middle class ,small town feel

If you do not need to travel past North Dallas,Prosper is going to be one of the best suburbs to invest your money in.I researched DFW suburbs for about a year before we decided on Prosper.The most important thing to look at is the city zoning plans,the school system and the kinds of housing the city supports.Prosper is going to be an even more amazing town in a few years .....

Old 06-20-2011, 12:50 PM

This information is most helpful! Thank you so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas