Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 03:48 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,628,191 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Tuesday morning is here, my in-laws will be leaving back for NJ this morning and as always, a hard time saying good-bye. I love NC, I just wish we could have taken some family along with us It was a nice visit for the kids, they got to see Kevin's first football game and as always, spoiled the kids out shopping for clothes and other items. I just hope my kids appreciate them. Now, back to work for a shortened work week, yeah! So what is on your schedule for today? Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk so far......happy Tuesday! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 06:24 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,393,917 times
Good morning Jeannie. That's the downside of moving, you always have to leave family and good friends behind

Quite a stressful at work today but I'll be leaving in less than an hour.

Tonight I'm going on a bike tour with the ladies of the step aerobic class again. We'll probably visit a nice restaurant to check out their menu b/c we're looking for a place to celebrate this year's christmas party I guess we'll have a glass of whine there

Breakfast: 1 egg/bacon McMuffin + 1 small hot chocolate (the upside of having to drive to the customs office )
Lunch: I started to munch on my potatoes with zucchini, egg and herbs but was too full to eat. Instead I had a piece of blueberry tarte

NCN, how's Mr. VA doing?

Izzy, any news about the fire?

Old 09-08-2009, 07:58 AM

72,436 posts, read 18,214,789 times
Good morning everyone! It's always fun to see folks! But gotta get back to real life.

Diana,I see the sun and the blue skies for about 3 days now! which is great news! The fires and smoke are away from us,but still see smoke far away.

Having something healthy for a change today..

soymilk,blueberries..piece of wheat toast

Old 09-08-2009, 08:45 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,662,426 times
Good morning, Izzy, Diana, Jeannie.

I finally put my foot down yesterday and insisted that Mr. VA us the heating pad. Why are men like that? He is walking much better this morning. It is scary to see someone 6'2" walking almost sideways. If he fell, I would just have to call someone. He hasn't had a seizure since May, so we are fine with that. I just keep feeding him fish. LOL

We are going to bingo today. We didn't go to the American Legion meeting last night. He said they get up and down out of the chair a lot and he didn't feel like doing that and he would feel funny not to participate when they do their thing. I didn't mind because I could not figure out what food to take. We would probably just have bought a Bojangle's meal.

Coffee and milk
banana
Strawberry low fat yogurt

Jeannie, I am not usually emotional when someone leaves but when my first grandchild came for her first visit and had to go back home, I cried half the day. She was so sweet and life was not easy for her.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:13 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,493,818 times
Good morning,
Finally back after a long vacation. I ate pretty well while I was in Utah.

Morning -
sugar free oat meal

mid morning -
fresh tomato out of someone elses garden

lots of water.

back later.........I am at work so hard to type much

Old 09-08-2009, 10:15 AM

NCN - I know the feeling. I saw my first grandchild for her birthday (7th)when I was in Utah and everytime I leave her I cry all the way home on the plane. I miss her more than I do my kids.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:33 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,662,426 times
I have been on FB tonight chatting with my family and friends and my son said our middle grandchild was running around the room singing a song from Dumbo. Something about a train coming down the track. I think the best part about the grandchildren is that the only thing we have to do for them is love them. That is not a bad thing at all.

Lunch was at the Bingo games at BoJangle's. We paid $2.00 for two drinks, bofries, 2 bacon biscuits and a gravy biscuit. Oh, I am guilty as charged. I also got a Pepsi refill. We enjoy the fellowship with the other senior citizens. It is a party every Tuesday afternoon. We won a sausage biscuit, a gravy biscuit, an egg and cheese biscuit and a sweet potato pie. I guess that will be our meal next Tuesday. Do they call this our second childhood?

Dinner was a flounder fillet, slaw, 3 hushpuppies and coffee and milk.

Ice cream for dessert. Oh, I have been such a bad girl!

I may make it on here in the morning and I may not. We have a healthy you luncheon at the aquatic center at 12ish and I have to prepare healthy food in the morning. I bought salsa and I have tortilla chips in the pantry and we bought a cantalope to take too. The ladies do not eat a lot. Our speaker is a doctor of some sort tomorrow.

With Mr. VA's back and my foot, we won't be exercising. We are just going to see everybody. We all get together once a month. Thursday is the Town Hall meeting--we don't get to eat there. LOL

Old 09-08-2009, 10:09 PM

Moved a bunch of furniture tonight.

Lunch was
leftover tilapia with steamed green beans.

Dinner
Wasn't too hungry. Drank a big glass of water and had a skinny cow, then later had a yogurt with 1/2 of banana.

When I think of posting I am at work, when I can finally get back on the computer everyone might be in bed. sigh..

Old 09-08-2009, 10:15 PM

72,436 posts, read 18,214,789 times
Hi NCN and Chickrae,you guys have been busy here!

NCN,men can get real stubborn,probably because they are insecure.Just give him a big hug!Your grandkid is too funny! love listening to them talking!

At lunch I just had cottage cheese with a banana and nuts

Dinner was a fried fish and veggies

Good nite Chickrae,quite here today.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:23 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,393,917 times
Chickrae, it seems to be a female problem to drag furniture around the house to have a change from time to time lol

NCN, sounds like you had fun at bingo!

Dinner: the potatoes with zucchini and egg which I didn't have for lunch.

My bike tour was fine altho' a bit short (only 2.5 miles). We stopped at a
restaurant, had something to drink and then went back home.
At the restaurant I had a coke...

Sleep well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals