Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 05:30 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,158,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
I just learned today that the flyers Stop & Shop mail to your homes are different from the flyers they have in store. This week Stop & Shop had a coupon on the front page for "$5 off a $50 purchase"

I forgot the flyer at home and figured no problem I'll get one at the store. That was a no go - the in store flyers didn't include that coupon. I actually asked about it and the employees confirmed the flyers are different.

When did they start doing this?
There was no coupon on my flyer

Not that I'm surprised. I've looked at my mom's S&S flyer and found the same items on sale for cheaper. So obviously different areas do different things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 05:38 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,269,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT2Raleigh View Post
Over the last few years, I have noticed that Stop and Shop has stopped carrying many popular items. Hunt's ketchup and Finlandia swiss cheese, for example. They also seem to have limited many of the larger value sizes of some items (I can't get a humungous jar of wheat germ, for example). Between the lack of selection and the prices, I am starting to spend less time (and money) there. Has anyone else noticed this?
YES....we have two Stop n Shops here in Meriden, CT and the smaller one is a P.I.A. to shop in. We were in there last weekend at 10:30 a.m. and they were stocking shelves!! Couldn't get near some of the items we were looking for and they DO NOT carry a bunch of the stuff we normally like to buy. Our other Stop n Shop is a SUPER Stop n Shop and we are not particularly crazy about shopping there due to location and also the fact that prior to building it, the ground had to be "cleaned"..an abatement I think its called. So............we are off and running to Wallingford to see how their Stop n Shop is going to be. My husband use to shop there when he was single, I would run in and get stuff occasionally..seemed ok..will see.
Does anyone know why Stop n Shop has become so half-arsed about what they carry and don't carry?

Old 08-11-2012, 06:51 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,023,838 times
Stop and Shop is now owned by a foreign conglomerate. Their stores have been corporatized and prepackaged to death.

I no longer shop there, but go to Big-Y.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:23 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,428,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
I just learned today that the flyers Stop & Shop mail to your homes are different from the flyers they have in store. This week Stop & Shop had a coupon on the front page for "$5 off a $50 purchase"

I forgot the flyer at home and figured no problem I'll get one at the store. That was a no go - the in store flyers didn't include that coupon. I actually asked about it and the employees confirmed the flyers are different.

When did they start doing this?
They've been doing that for many years, at least ten years now.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:18 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,880,774 times
There will be 1 less S&S in the state in a couple weeks: Stop and Shop closing Madison Ave. store in Bridgeport - Financial Mines - Connecticut News.
Strange that they chose to close this one, instead of the dumpy old one on Main Street. I'm guessing that the PriceRite on Main Street in Bpt. must have taken away the Trumbull customer base at the Madison Avenue S&S.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:29 AM

21,790 posts, read 28,147,687 times
Blaming sagging sales. How about blaming sucking?

Old 09-05-2012, 09:31 AM

3,351 posts, read 4,176,449 times
Caraluzzis and Whole Foods for the win....

Old 09-05-2012, 09:35 AM

21,790 posts, read 28,147,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
Caraluzzis and Whole Foods for the win....
Yes, and Big Y in those areas where Carluzzi's isn't available.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:38 AM

3,351 posts, read 4,176,449 times
I also continue to hold out hope (or dreams!) of Wegman's buying out Stop and Shop....

Old 09-05-2012, 09:49 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,880,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Blaming sagging sales. How about blaming sucking?
I'm not a fan of S&S, but this one was actually one of their "better" stores. Far superior to Shelton and Stratford S&S stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut