Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 07:12 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsherman9901 View Post
Canon)
Cañon City, please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2022, 08:10 PM

557 posts, read 1,675,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Cañon City, please
Yes, I am well aware of that because I live there. My laptop doesn't have a numeric keypad so I can't use the "alt" function to insert special characters.

Old 09-21-2022, 09:28 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,700,228 times
Quote:
Yes, I am well aware of that because I live there. My laptop doesn't have a numeric keypad so I can't use the "alt" function to insert special characters.
Dave Barnes is a special character in and of himself.

Old 09-22-2022, 05:50 PM

1,866 posts, read 933,848 times
Quote:
Aspen
Breck
Vail
Frisco
Steamboat
If money is of no concern, then Aspen is obviously #1.

Otherwise, Durango is the more sensible option.

Old 09-22-2022, 08:07 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times
Quote:
Buy a MacBook.

Old 09-24-2022, 11:44 AM

990 posts, read 542,486 times
I dont know why Durango is on your list. Unless you count snow shoeing as hiking then your hiking options will be limited a good portion of the year do to snow.

Old 09-24-2022, 02:02 PM

5,355 posts, read 5,132,164 times
Thanks for the feedback all! I wonder, if people in Telluride are going on buses to do mushrooms together, are people in Montrose getting on tractors to discuss pivot irrigation systems together? And I bet people in Salida are discussing fly fishing on the ATVs ?

I'm gonna check these out in this fall, do a little more research, talk to the fam and see how much the will REALLY visit, and then make a call. I keep circling back to Montrose lol, even if it goes to bed at 9, there's enough people within an hour to make connections, the population would be steady instead of more transient, and it's only an hour away from a mushroom bus or a peyote ceremony in Paonia! And being able to afford more SQFT while working from home will be nice as well. I don't care about politics to much, more so that people just like to chit chat with their neighbors. The good thing is any one of these has awesome rec options and the weather is pretty decent. I think Durango is just too far from the world despite not being very expensive and being the best scenery in the state. The comment about snow is a good one, ideally you want to be able to drive up to get to it AND down to get away from it. I got to get outside of the COS / Denver area though, I don't think the exurbs would be a good landing spot.

Old 09-26-2022, 07:40 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Buy a MacBook.
Don't.

Cañon City.

Just copy paste me.

Sent from my Samsung s22.

Old 09-28-2022, 11:56 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Don't.

Cañon City.

Just copy paste me.

Sent from my Samsung s22.
Awww... Come on. What's not to love about Cañon City? The soft glow of its 11 state and federal prisons at twilight? The warning signs along Highway 50 not to pick up hitchhikers? The strange feeling of despair that seems to wrap around you like a shroud and only goes away once you're about 20 miles west away from town up the Arkansas River Canyon?

I haven't been through Cañon City in years, and for some strange reason I don't miss it.

Old 09-28-2022, 03:52 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,700,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Awww... Come on. What's not to love about Cañon City? The soft glow of its 11 state and federal prisons at twilight? The warning signs along Highway 50 not to pick up hitchhikers? The strange feeling of despair that seems to wrap around you like a shroud and only goes away once you're about 20 miles west away from town up the Arkansas River Canyon?

I haven't been through Cañon City in years, and for some strange reason I don't miss it.
I just drove through CC yesterday. Looks a little tired. The drive west from there to Salida is gorgeous, but I don’t think I could live in CC. There’s a big difference between a town with tourists and a tourist town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado