Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2012, 03:40 PM

4 posts, read 6,660 times

Advertisements

I know CO has great sceanery but what else does it have to offer?

Are the people genuine? Are there strong communities through out CO? Good Christian churches? Are there places to enjoy performaning arts? Do people mingle with others outside of their race?...

Please, please, please give me your opinion about CO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 04:47 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,033,227 times
Like any location, in Colorado you will find genuine people and shallow people. you will find solid Christian churches and you will find larger groups who do not practice any type of religion or have any affiliation. There are strong communities and there are weak communities (the word "community" can be a little subjective though.) As for inter-racial mingling, it depends on the crowd. Some do, some don't.

Denver has a fantastic performing arts center in downtown. It is the second largest in the country, in fact.

My opinion is that Colorado is better than any other state in the country. Keep in mind it is just my opinion. I enjoy a wide range of activities from outdoor recreation to sports to performing arts. It's all there in Colorado. Denver can be a refined city or it can be a rustic city. It's all about what you like and what you choose to do with your time. Denver and Colorado pretty much has something for everyone. Except surfers!

Have you visited Colorado?

Old 01-09-2012, 06:17 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,478,638 times
Sunshine and fresh air! Depending on where you are, few bugs and low humidity.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:35 AM

4 posts, read 6,660 times
@Iknowftbll
Thank you for responding. I have visited CO and I fell in love with what I saw and I also had a pleasant experience in the areas that I visited. But I'm interested in knowing what kind of people live in CO. I understand that there are all types of people with various views and what not, so I'm not looking for specifics but for an overall view of the state. For example, I'm in TX right now and I believe the area I am in is more concerned about making money in the oil business and people will smile in your face and stab you in the back and then come back and smile in your face. Not all of the people are like that but that is my opinion of the overall city. I wnt to move to a place where the people aren't so fake and care more about enjoying life and meeting new people and I'm going CO is that place.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:30 AM

4 posts, read 9,945 times
Denver has a fantastic performing arts center in downtown. It is the second largest in the country, in fact. http://www.*****.info/g.gif (broken link)

Old 01-10-2012, 01:41 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,023,133 times
Pash79 wrote:
I know CO has great sceanery...
First time I ever heard that one! We do have some great scenery, but I couldn't find a definition of sceanery so I won't comment on wether or not it even exists in Colorado.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:58 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,698,448 times
Pash, it is impossible to give an overall view of what people are like in an entire state. You cite instances of people's behavior that can be found all over the world. You're not going to find a state where you won't find certain behaviors. It's all in the people you choose to be around. It's all in how you act. Wherever you go in the world you'll find the kind of people you want to be around, if you act like the kind of people you want to be around!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: