Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 07:15 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,501,218 times

Advertisements

I was in disbelief at the press conference last night. Regardless of how this plays out, that was just silly to do. Release a statement, don't get up there and cry. If this plays out like most people think and Te'o was in on it this is going to look just that much worse now for ND.

It's been a bad couple weeks for ND.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:24 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,111,903 times
No doubt ESPN and other Nat'l media bo-bos will overplay this minor story to death because they were punked and played to the hilt. The inevitable feigned indignation coming from these ambulance chasers will be laughable. The real motivation by Te'o was no doubt all about getting a pitty **** from some other hottie. Won't affect his draft status one bit.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:25 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,524,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I was in disbelief at the press conference last night. Regardless of how this plays out, that was just silly to do. Release a statement, don't get up there and cry. If this plays out like most people think and Te'o was in on it this is going to look just that much worse now for ND.

It's been a bad couple weeks for ND.
I agree 110%!! Notre Dame could have just released a statement and called it a day. All they did was was put themselves in a position, they had no business being in, in the first place. Unless there were NCAA infractions involved, there was no need to call a press conference.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:35 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,121,809 times
what a weird kid. no doubt its true, and he most likely had something to do with it.

If it comes out officially that he was a part of it, do you think that hurts his draft status?

Because its gotta be either one of two things: 1. he's gay, and didn't want to come out, so making up a long distance girlfriend would be the best way to play "straight." I can understand and fully respect that. 2. He's mentally unstable, which would concern me as an NFL team. I mean, everybody likes attention every now and then, but to make all that crap up? Whether it was a play at emotions for the Heisman or not, the dude is sick in the head.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:06 AM

518 posts, read 407,497 times
He's either exceptionally naive or exceptionally weird - or possibly both. Man, it was bad enough that ND got worked on national television, but to have their star's reputation go down in flames takes the ending of their season into the realm of the bizarre.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:09 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,104,248 times
Notre Dame is such a sham. Their "mystique" is a sham, their football program is a sham along with the overrated status they get year in and year out. I hope this entire story blows up in their laps. I am still pissed they even played in the BCS Championship game. We had to watch that sorry excuse for a team when we probably could have had a much better game with any of the other top teams in the BCS top 10.

The Irish are a joke, they should get the death penalty if it comes out that the school's higher ups knew about this and covered it up.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:17 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,804,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
I predict that he is gay. He was afraid to come out of the closet so he fabricated this story.
That was my wife's reaction and that he'll probably off himself as this continues to swirl out of control.

I think either that or it was just a way to raise his stock in the Heisman race.

I'm glad he was able to lose the Heisman and get boot stomped in the NC before the story broke.

"Nosuch Dame"

Last edited by Tourian; 01-17-2013 at 08:35 AM..

Old 01-17-2013, 08:53 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,501,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
The Irish are a joke, they should get the death penalty if it comes out that the school's higher ups knew about this and covered it up.
lol the death penalty for this? It's embarassing and they clearly didn't handle this properly, but the DEATH penalty? For this?

Old 01-17-2013, 08:55 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,111,903 times
I suspect that Lance Armstrong had a role in this as well.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:29 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,774,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
1. "About this Te'o story. Who makes up a dead girlfriend other than George Castanza?" (@chrisrose)
2. "No judgement right now on Te'o story...but watch the show Catfish..this could've happened.." (@erinandrews)
3. "Brent Musberger hasn't seen Te'o's girlfriend either, but he is assured, real or fake, that she is smokin.'" (@ballsdotie)
4. "Manti Te'o might see his draft prospects drop but he should probably be No. 1 in the fantasy draft. (@DanMacEachern)
5. "Manti Te'o's life is like the movie "Ghost" if you replace the pottery with football and the ghost with pathologically lying about loss." (@agentbizzle)
6. "Imma let you finish, Lance, but Manti Te'o had one of the best sports-related hoaxes of all time. OF ALL TIME!" (@JBrodkin)
7. "Has Darnell Dockett started hitting on Te'o's fake girlfriend via Twitter yet?" (@sportspickle)
8. "Reports are swirling that Manti Te'o also doesn't exist after the inability to locate him in the BCS Championship Game." (@EvilMikeTomlin)
9. "These Te'o jokes are all very funny but let's all try and remember that a person who never existed is dead." (@sethmeyers21)
10. "The Te'o story had to shatter every record for time people wasted trying to come up w/ their reaction tweet. This one took almost 4 minutes." (@SportsLawGuy)

Love #4.
So AJ's girlfriend is in the SI Swimsuit Issue and Te'o's is on the next edition of "Mythbusters.," - Cecil Hurt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football