Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 03:53 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,041,784 times

Advertisements

Congratulations to Johnny Manziel! I'm glad he won the Heisman, he deserved it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 09:05 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,988,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
He had an amazing year but Manti Te'o will get the last laugh when he goes #1 in the nfl draft as projected.
Eh I think Te'o would consider getting to hoist a certain crystal football the night of January 7th to be the last laugh.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:09 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,988,282 times
Congrats to Johnny Manziel on a well deserved Heisman win. As a Notre Dame fan I was of course pulling for Te'o but Johnny was a baller all year so I can't be upset that he won. Also Manti got more than enough credit and recognition by winning 6 other major awards. I Wish Johnny the best of luck moving forward.

For those talking about Manziel jumping early to the NFL...I doubt it. Manziel doesn't strike me as a prototypical NFL QB. His arm is iffy and he isn't very big. I just don't see him making it in the NFL. I see him staying all 3 years.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:05 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,605,458 times
Johnny can approach God-like levels of popularity at A&M, and if enough top recruits in Texas (aka the Holy Land of football talent) are enticed by the prospect of playing with him as juniors/rs sophs that they sign with the Aggies, the Natty is definitely within reach. By contrast, there's a good chance he'll have to learn another position to last in the NFL, and even then will constantly face the prospect of being cut/traded/having to move. He has zero incentive to declare as an underclassman.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:59 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,213,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Congrats to Johnny Manziel on a well deserved Heisman win. As a Notre Dame fan I was of course pulling for Te'o but Johnny was a baller all year so I can't be upset that he won. Also Manti got more than enough credit and recognition by winning 6 other major awards. I Wish Johnny the best of luck moving forward.

For those talking about Manziel jumping early to the NFL...I doubt it. Manziel doesn't strike me as a prototypical NFL QB. His arm is iffy and he isn't very big. I just don't see him making it in the NFL. I see him staying all 3 years.
As I understand it - Te'o and Manziel became good friends last week. Both guys are classy (as is Klein).

I agree Manziel's future as a pro QB are uncertain. But it is possible - simply because of his all around ability including speed. I think he would play anywhere he had a chance. He has proven he can tackle as the video below shows. Many people haven't seen this play - where the RB fumbled at the GL, recovered by La Tech. Manziel chased the guy down, forced a fumble, then tackled the guy who recovered the ball. Gotta watch this play.

Johnny Football Manziel - Never Give Up - YouTube

Old 12-10-2012, 11:28 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,739,798 times
Johnny has this super WILL. The players at Kerrville Tivy High School used to say that Johnny would just will
them to win. He would always get the players to believe they could win, too. He always thinks he can win no matter the odds. Here's an old high school game story when Johnny was leading the Tivy Antlers against the Steele Knights (Malcolm Brown, top running back in the nation..who later went to U. of Texas).
Tivy's titan tops man of Steele - San Antonio Express-News

Old 12-10-2012, 11:52 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,456,193 times
Congrats to Tebow #2 for his heisman. May the scrambling be with you.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:29 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,453,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
How is that the last laugh when Manziel is a freshman? The NFL draft isn't even a possibility. Te'o may very well deserve to be #1. I wish him the best.
It's the last laugh because unless Te'o gets hurt he's going to have a very successful career playing pro football where as johnny probably won't even start in the NFL.
He's a great great college QB but a guy his size scrambling around like won't last half a season with the big boys. I'll be surprised if he makes it out of college without a major injury.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:59 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,036,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
It's the last laugh because unless Te'o gets hurt he's going to have a very successful career playing pro football where as johnny probably won't even start in the NFL.
He's a great great college QB but a guy his size scrambling around like won't last half a season with the big boys. I'll be surprised if he makes it out of college without a major injury.
Russell Wilson is significantly smaller than Manziel and he is starting in the NFL and doing well.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:43 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,453,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Russell Wilson is significantly smaller than Manziel and he is starting in the NFL and doing well.
Russel Wilson is built like a truck with a stronger and more accurate arm than RG3. He's not as good of a runner as Johnny but he's more suited for the NFL. Manziel is a smaller but much faster Tebow IMO. People forget that Tebow passed for more yards than Cam Newton or Johnny football he just didn't have the speed to break the long ones so he never rushed for 1200 yards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football