Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 08:13 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,885,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Oregon might make the title, the Big 12 won't come close. Book it. OOC Pac-12 has a better resume than the Big 12 had.

Oklahoma looks like the best team in the Big 12, they are carrying a loss, and still have a date with Te'o.

We were hyped even with West Virginia on schedule. I guess that made them a cupcake too. Huh

Again, stop trying to derail the thread. This is about how much the suck West Virginia is.
FSU was hyped because they had such an easy schedule it was almost impossible to mess up. Somehow they still managed.

Oregon is good but the rest of the PAC is not so great. They are much better than the ACC though. WVU was hypes because they earned it unlike FSU who was hyped because they were the best cupcake.

So does WVU suck? Opinions can vary, but they are considered better than FSU. So if you feel WVU sucks than FSU sucks more.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 08:52 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,455,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
FSU was hyped because they had such an easy schedule it was almost impossible to mess up. Somehow they still managed.
Again, we were hyped with that "easy schedule" when West Virginia on schedule before they back out. So again, you are calling your own team a easy opponent.

Quote:
Oregon is good but the rest of the PAC is not so great. They are much better than the ACC though.
I never claimed the ACC was better than the Pac-12 this year. As for the rest of the Pac-12, this is the OOC resume: Wisconsin, BYU, OK St, Nebraska... add in other AQ teams like Syracuse, Duke, and Illinois. The Big 12 doesn't have nearly that in OOC. Like I pointed out earlier, Texas Tech played 2 AA schools and the worst I-A school.

Quote:
WVU was hypes because they earned it unlike FSU who was hyped because they were the best cupcake.
West Virginia was never hyped because they aren't a great program; never was and never will be. Enjoy your non-BCS bowl.

Quote:
So does WVU suck? Opinions can vary, but they are considered better than FSU. So if you feel WVU sucks than FSU sucks more.
Consider better... I guess we will find out later tonight when the BCS standings are released who is considered better (up to this point in the season). Our loss was by less than a score, West Virginia loss was a woodshed beating.

Fun Fact: Last AP poll: NC State received 17 votes, Texas Tech received 2 votes. In other words, NC State ranked higher than Texas Tech.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Again, we were hyped with that "easy schedule" when West Virginia on schedule before they back out. So again, you are calling your own team a easy opponent.

I never claimed the ACC was better than the Pac-12 this year. As for the rest of the Pac-12, this is the OOC resume: Wisconsin, BYU, OK St, Nebraska... add in other AQ teams like Syracuse, Duke, and Illinois. The Big 12 doesn't have nearly that in OOC. Like I pointed out earlier, Texas Tech played 2 AA schools and the worst I-A school.

West Virginia was never hyped because they aren't a great program; never was and never will be. Enjoy your non-BCS bowl.

Consider better... I guess we will find out later tonight when the BCS standings are released who is considered better (up to this point in the season). Our loss was by less than a score, West Virginia loss was a woodshed beating.

Fun Fact: Last AP poll: NC State received 17 votes, Texas Tech received 2 votes. In other words, NC State ranked higher than Texas Tech.
You had hype because you were expected to be able to win every in-conference game, and WVU was never part of the ACC. It is deeply embarrassing to lose to an ACC these days as they are now considered the new Big East. So yes playing a team like WVU would have helped you earn some respect, but WVU no longer needs to play cupcakes like FSU since we play good teams in the Big 12. Look I know FSU has potential to be good if it got of the ACC, and I am sorry you are stuck to rot in the ACC. It isnt fair, but it is the way things are.

A loss is a loss. The difference is WVU lost to a good team and FSU lost to a cupcake. I would rather lose by more to a good team than loss by a little to a big cupcake. As for rankings they dont matter. What we do know is WVU has a MUCH tougher schedule than FSU who only has to play cupcakes. FSU has the easiest schedule of any BCS eligible team, and still blew it.

Fun fact TT is actually ranked now. Where is North Carolina?

Old 10-14-2012, 01:17 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,614,799 times
Quote:
The Red River Rivalry use to make the 8pm game with the Game Day Crew there. This year they got slotted to a noon time slot (non-primetime) and the Game Day Crew showed up to Notre Dame/Stanford. That sure sounds like respect.
I can't remember the last time (if ever) that the RRS was played in primetime.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 10-14-2012 at 01:31 PM..

Old 10-14-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
I can't remember the last time (if ever) that the RRS was played at night. Nice try on just making stuff up and hoping no one notices.
Facts mean nothing to them.

They are upset that nobody cares about FSU and the ACC. Outside of FSU they seem to know nothing about college football, or football in general. Not surprising ACC is not a football conference.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:41 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,522,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I love how people paint teams in a conference like they all play the same way or something. They are all completely different programs with different coaches, players, and strategies. Anyone who says all the teams in a conference do this or cant do that does not understand sports.
Have you watched any games in the Big 12? Scores like 63-58 are commonplace. Look at the scoreboard, it doesn't lie. Also, I didn't make a blanket statement. I didn't say both the entire Big 12 and ACC play crappy defense.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:54 PM

922 posts, read 1,700,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
I can't remember the last time (if ever) that the RRS was played in primetime.

Kind of hard to have a prime time game when the Fair closes at 10:00 pm.

An 11:00 am start is normal for the game.

Last edited by DtX4415; 10-14-2012 at 02:03 PM..

Old 10-14-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Have you watched any games in the Big 12? Scores like 63-58 are commonplace. Look at the scoreboard, it doesn't lie. Also, I didn't make a blanket statement. I didn't say both the entire Big 12 and ACC play crappy defense.
The whole ACC does kinda suck. FSU is OK, but hardly good.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:42 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,455,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
You had hype because you were expected to be able to win every in-conference game, and WVU was never part of the ACC. It is deeply embarrassing to lose to an ACC these days as they are now considered the new Big East. So yes playing a team like WVU would have helped you earn some respect, but WVU no longer needs to play cupcakes like FSU since we play good teams in the Big 12. Look I know FSU has potential to be good if it got of the ACC, and I am sorry you are stuck to rot in the ACC. It isnt fair, but it is the way things are.
Win every game, not just in-conference. We were picked for the natty when West Virginia was still on the schedule. Again, you are calling your own team a cupcake, just like you are calling Florida (i.e. the #3 in the AP) a cupcake too. Stop trying to back track. Just using your words for my team's schedule (that you feel the need to comment on all season long).

Quote:
A loss is a loss. The difference is WVU lost to a good team and FSU lost to a cupcake. I would rather lose by more to a good team than loss by a little to a big cupcake. As for rankings they dont matter. What we do know is WVU has a MUCH tougher schedule than FSU who only has to play cupcakes. FSU has the easiest schedule of any BCS eligible team, and still blew it.
Again, Texas Tech hasn't played anyone. The one team they have, they got hammered i.e. Oklahoma. When they finish the season ranked, come back and mention it. Until then, you lost to the most complete cupcake.

Quote:
Fun fact TT is actually ranked now. Where is North Carolina?
We don't play North Carolina. But as for NC State, they are #30 in the AP i.e. on the outside looking in. I love fun facts.

Fun Fact: FSU is #12, Clemson is #14, and West Virginia is #17. What a hard fall. We didn't drop that much when we lost, neither did Clemson. I guess that is what happens when an unranked team hammers/curb stomps a "#5" team. It shows who is a pretender in the eyes of the pollstars and coaches/analysts and who isn't.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Win every game, not just in-conference. We were picked for the natty when West Virginia was still on the schedule. Again, you are calling your own team a cupcake, just like you are calling Florida (i.e. the #3 in the AP) a cupcake too. Stop trying to back track. Just using your words for my team's schedule (that you feel the need to comment on all season long).

Again, Texas Tech hasn't played anyone. The one team they have, they got hammered i.e. Oklahoma. When they finish the season ranked, come back and mention it. Until then, you lost to the most complete cupcake.

We don't play North Carolina. But as for NC State, they are #30 in the AP i.e. on the outside looking in. I love fun facts.

Fun Fact: FSU is #12, Clemson is #14, and West Virginia is #17. What a hard fall. We didn't drop that much when we lost, neither did Clemson. I guess that is what happens when an unranked team hammers/curb stomps a "#5" team. It shows who is a pretender in the eyes of the pollstars and coaches/analysts and who isn't.
I'm calling the ACC cupcake. Florida is good but out of conference. You do have a cupcake schedule with only 1 hard game. It is pathetically easy but you already blew it.

Losing to the 30 team is nothing to brag about. Nobody is impressed. We will be impressed when FSU stops losing to cupcakes and beats a non-cupcake. You know the things must teams need to do. Being the best cupcake in a cupcake conference don't get you any respect. You can make up all the excuses you want but it won't change the facts. Your only hope is getting out of the ACC but nobody will take you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football