Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 10:36 AM

934 posts, read 1,346,765 times

Advertisements

I believe this is the real test to see if it was worth bringing two mid level Big 12 programs to the SEC( I would have preferred Va Tech and Oklahoma). Its easy to get up for 1 huge bowl-like atmospheric game at home in the beginning of the season and squeeze out a win. But to go on the road to play Florida, Tennessee and Carolina, with some of the meanness defenses in the country, in some of the largest venues in the nation will try the Mizzou Tigers resolve. The SEC west, home of Bama and LSU, defenses will hone in on Texas A&M's young freshman QB all season. I'm sure later down the road the 2 will be a respected SEC program when they are making it to bowl games and crushing their out of conference opponents. But will it happen this first season for either program?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 12:03 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,916 times
I highly doubt that A&M or Mizzou will get a bowl game this year.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:23 PM

934 posts, read 1,346,765 times
Its suck for the newbie that the old football doormats like Ole Miss and Kentucky will bring their +A game and will try to overpower the worn out SEC newcomers. This year Texas A&M has the best chance of making a bowl game with Auburn, Arkansas possibly having down years. SEC East is deep and wide open, it's going to be hard for Mizzou to steal a game or two this year with the stakes soo high between the old guard(Georgia, South Carolina, Florida and Tenn).

Old 09-11-2012, 02:31 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
I think they both have shot at playing in a bowl game, they only need 6 wins. Bowl games still come down to money and both their fan bases probably travel better than most other 6 win teams.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:32 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
I think it would be close to a miracle if A&M makes it to a bowl game, but they do travel well.

Don't know about Mizzou either way.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:27 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times
6-6 is doable for both teams. It's about right IMO.

They both go Bowling.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:35 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
Its suck for the newbie that the old football doormats like Ole Miss and Kentucky will bring their +A game and will try to overpower the worn out SEC newcomers. This year Texas A&M has the best chance of making a bowl game with Auburn, Arkansas possibly having down years. SEC East is deep and wide open, it's going to be hard for Mizzou to steal a game or two this year with the stakes soo high between the old guard(Georgia, South Carolina, Florida and Tenn).
Missouri has Vandy and UK at home though. MU OOC schedule (SE La, UCF, Syracuse, and ASU) is alot tougher than A&M's (SC State, SMU, La Tech, and Sam Houston State) and that will probably be the deciding factor. They will both have to either sweep their OOC or "steal" one conf game to go bowling. Most likely they both do.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:47 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
I think A&M and Mizzou are both better than people realize. Going from Big12 to SEC is a different game in terms of the style of play and also the players that are recruiting - and no, I'm not gonna blow on hard about how great the SEC is. I'm just saying that with the Big12, it seems that the emphasis over the past 5 years and change has been on explosive offensive firepower and 'bend but don't break' defenses. In SEC, however, it's a smash-mouth, grind it out ground game, mixed in with the occasional downfield heave on offense, and stifling, load-the-box with big boys on defense. And last year, Alabama and LSU added a little something extra to that with dominating defensive play among the LB and DB corps. Mizzou and A&M just got worn down over time, because they didn't have the big boys to match SEC teams. But that'll change. And in the meantime, both are good enough to win 6 games in the league, if not more.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:21 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I don't thnik so from this weekends results. Bascially i thonught Mizou might have a chance with the four suspension on Gepriga defnse but was not to be. It maybe years before they even gain in recruiting level they were at in big 12 within the SEC.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:21 AM

922 posts, read 1,698,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I think A&M and Mizzou are both better than people realize.
Yes, the same Mizzou that hasn't won a conference title since the Big 8 days is better then
people think.

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football