Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 06:21 AM

13 posts, read 19,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by utter9989 View Post
We just moved to Hudson, Ohio from southwest Colorado for all the same reasons. We do miss the mountains/skiing/incline/sunshine, but the space, trees, lakes, parks help ease the pain-welcome back!

Thank you, glad to know we are not the only crazy CO people leaving the lifestyle and climate here! It was especially hard to fly back home to blue skies, mountain peaks and a beautiful sunrise.

That being said, back in Ohio, I was impressed with the number of mountain bikes on racks, runners, road bikers and the general overall farm to table/healthy vibe we got in the Hudson area. The National Forest and the rolling hills offers a beautiful landscape. The school systems are top notch and the people were so friendly and welcoming. We left feeling very pleased with the area.

I expect to return to Colorado someday...but for raising a family in a well educated, safe, caring and vibrant community...Hudson wins hands down. We look forward to getting settled soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 09:52 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
Explain how this is a ridiculous law, it looks like it would reduce taxes for small business. More states should be like Texas unless your in the tax and spend crowd..
I don't want to hijack this thread. Post your question in a new thread in the Ohio forum or in the existing Kasich for president Ohio thread if you actually want a discussion rather than just to heap more of your propaganda on forum readers.

Last edited by WRnative; 12-03-2015 at 10:05 AM..

Old 12-03-2015, 09:58 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeAlum View Post
Thank you, glad to know we are not the only crazy CO people leaving the lifestyle and climate here! It was especially hard to fly back home to blue skies, mountain peaks and a beautiful sunrise.

That being said, back in Ohio, I was impressed with the number of mountain bikes on racks, runners, road bikers and the general overall farm to table/healthy vibe we got in the Hudson area. The National Forest and the rolling hills offers a beautiful landscape. The school systems are top notch and the people were so friendly and welcoming. We left feeling very pleased with the area.

I expect to return to Colorado someday...but for raising a family in a well educated, safe, caring and vibrant community...Hudson wins hands down. We look forward to getting settled soon.
If you like mountain biking, put Mohican State Park on your bucket list.

Mohican State Park MTB Trail Mountain Bike Trail, Loudonville village, Ohio

Mountain Bike Trails near Ohio

See Mohican Region here:

Cleveland: Day Trips - TripAdvisor

Lake and even river kayaking is a good outdoor sport in Ohio. What used to be known as the Mad-Hatter is an area tradition.

http://lakemetroparks.com/events/Gra...ayakRace.shtml

Old 12-04-2015, 02:41 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
I don't want to hijack this thread. Post your question in a new thread in the Ohio forum or in the existing Kasich for president Ohio thread if you actually want a discussion rather than just to heap more of your propaganda on forum readers.
This. Folks, remember to stay on topic and that topic threads are not just an invitation to rant about things vaguely related.
Yac.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:27 AM

23 posts, read 55,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeAlum View Post

I agree completely! We are here for family reasons and the great vibe we get in regards to family life and values in Hudson and many other surrounding areas. This area truly is a gem with so many great activities for both the kids and adults and the education/sports culture is AWESOME. We to plan on going back to Colorado (rented our home) in the distant future, but for now its all about the kids, hiking and biking the Cuyahoga national parks, boating on lake Erie, roller coastering it at cedar point, farmers markets and concerts on the green in Hudson. FYI, we also have a new bass pro shop and Costco being built 3 miles from Hudson in Boston Heights, this will be a great incentive..

Old 12-07-2015, 02:29 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,918,932 times
Chagrin Falls and Hudson are just gorgeous. Chagrin Falls is more oriented to Cleveland as an exurb or rural suburb, while Hudson is closer to Akron. With your budget you should be able to afford either. I have been away from NE Ohio for too long to make any intelligent comments about current conditions in either place, except that if you like and can afford a private school education you should consider Hawken, which I attended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland