Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these 3 cities?
Seattle 48 33.80%
Atlanta 49 34.51%
San Diego 45 31.69%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 04:58 PM

6,542 posts, read 12,040,501 times

Advertisements

Which of these three cities would you like the live in the most? What will be you second choice and third? I'll have to go with Seattle as the #1 choice. It wins with the beautiful scenery, downtown skyline and activities, large Japanese/Asian population, and political atmosphere I can feel comfortable with. CONS: weather, expensive.

Atlanta will be my #2 choice with it's lower cost of living, plenty of urban activities, beautiful 4 seasons with no too extreme temps, close to Appalachians, and Southern food/culture. CONS: High crime rate, racial/social/class division.

San Diego at #3 has the weather, beaches, mountains, low crime rate, good Mexican food, and close to L.A. and Mexico. CONS: High cost of living, lack of rain can get monotonous and risk fire dangers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 11:01 PM

198 posts, read 653,867 times
San Diego blows both away... for 1 just the weather would kill 99% of US cities
The Skyline is big and growing faster than probably any city in the US
The beaches are dope, Cannot beat the waves, Petco Park downtown is very nice.
Comparing to a city where the Cliffs meet the ocean? common now, La Jolla beats atlanta.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:45 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,239,602 times
Definately Seattle for me. 4 seasons, far more urban and dense than Atlanta or SD and its natural beauty is tops.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:03 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,515,461 times
Atlanta for me and it isn't that close.

San Diego is nice as long as you stay away from the druggies and drama queens of Pacific Beach, the gangsters of City Heights and the illegals in San Ysidro. SD suffers from being in California where the liberal politics are running the state into the ground.

Seattle is generally quaint with nice attractions and scenery.

Atlanta is alot like Houston (which is why I like it alot). Great nightlife, booming economy, tons of cultural amenities, great colleges, nice scenery, good proximity to other places etc.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:53 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,093,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Atlanta for me and it isn't that close.

San Diego is nice as long as you stay away from the druggies and drama queens of Pacific Beach, the gangsters of City Heights and the illegals in San Ysidro. SD suffers from being in California where the liberal politics are running the state into the ground.

Seattle is generally quaint with nice attractions and scenery.

Atlanta is alot like Houston (which is why I like it alot). Great nightlife, booming economy, tons of cultural amenities, great colleges, nice scenery, good proximity to other places etc.

Your about the only Houston forumer i have ever seen that had something really good to say about Atlanta But ill have to go with Seattle on this My dad lives there so i visit all the time

Old 02-02-2009, 07:31 AM

73,002 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Seattle or San Diego is what I am looking for. I live in metro Atlanta and I am trying to get out of there.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:40 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,387,327 times
I would choose Atlanta. The others are too expensive.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:44 PM

11,785 posts, read 7,999,289 times
It would be hard between Seattle and San Diego for me. I love both of them. San Diego I haven't lived in though. I would probably say Seattle overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Which of these three cities would you like the live in the most? What will be you second choice and third? I'll have to go with Seattle as the #1 choice. It wins with the beautiful scenery, downtown skyline and activities, large Japanese/Asian population, and political atmosphere I can feel comfortable with. CONS: weather, expensive.

Atlanta will be my #2 choice with it's lower cost of living, plenty of urban activities, beautiful 4 seasons with no too extreme temps, close to Appalachians, and Southern food/culture. CONS: High crime rate, racial/social/class division.

San Diego at #3 has the weather, beaches, mountains, low crime rate, good Mexican food, and close to L.A. and Mexico. CONS: High cost of living, lack of rain can get monotonous and risk fire dangers.
Nonsense, Atlanta is just like Tokyo its perfect for you

Old 05-04-2020, 09:58 PM

99 posts, read 116,948 times
I would chose Atlanta..

Old 05-04-2020, 10:01 PM

492 posts, read 535,323 times
ATL for me..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City