Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 11:00 PM

3 posts, read 7,514 times

Advertisements

We (the wife and I) just moved to Chicago.
We have been looking for a rental in the Medical district area.
Our main concern is for safety.
We got a list but as I am not familiarized with the streets I'll appreciate your suggestions.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]W est. Harrison 1926, just near the medical blue line [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]2125 South 60th Court Cicero, Il. 60804 (Pink line to Polk)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]7535 W. Jackson (forest park –blue line to medical).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Great Thanks[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 11:08 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,822,174 times
I hate to be an ass but please search the forum!

BTW-the Cicero address-forget about it!

Old 05-13-2010, 04:51 AM

146 posts, read 470,837 times
My suggestion would be to look towards the north area of the city. I worked in the medical district and it can be a little sketchy. I would look to Andersonville.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:11 AM

440 posts, read 1,510,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyam10 View Post
We got a list but as I am not familiarized with the streets I'll appreciate your suggestions.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
I'll address the 60th Court in Cicero, since I actually did that commute when I was at UIC. Its not bad, but its not as quick as you might otherwise think because the stops are frequent. Cicero is a good place to live, very ethnic, it has a lot of good restaurants, and a lot of local color.

But I have to ask: Is there some reason you aren't looking in the Taylor Street/University Village area or the West Loop? A LOT of people who work at UIC or the medical district live there, and they are considerably more upscale than Cicero or Forest Park. When you consider that you could be walking or biking to work, it seems like that would be the logical starting point.

FYI, Andersonville is an insanely long commute by CTA (over an hour). Wicker Park and West Town, on the other hand, wold give you a reasonable commute by either the Damen bus or the Blue Line. Logan Square would ad a little more time. By reasonable, I mean in the 35-45 minute range, depending on exactly where you end up.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:17 AM

90 posts, read 323,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyam10 View Post
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Why not check out the University Village area? Plenty of condos for rent. You could probably negotiate the prices lower, also, given the bad housing market.

University Village / Little Italy Apartment Rentals – Condos for Ren
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago