Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 02:12 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times

Advertisements

This thread makes me glad to be in a long-term relationship -- if it's any indicator there are some real ass hats out there (thanks for the phraseology Avenger -- I seriously say this all the time now!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 07:57 PM

725 posts, read 1,849,631 times
Ass hat? Lol. That about sums it up. Haha.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:56 PM

498 posts, read 724,621 times
Thank God I'm gay because trying to find women to date sounds like a nightmare.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:38 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,255,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resident11 View Post
The dating scene in Chicago (and surrounding areas) is very complicated and confusing. Depending on what kind of person you are looking for, you may be totally unlikely to find anyone at all.

From a man's prospective, I can tell you that Chicagoland women are heavily materialistic. When they look for a man, what the extreme vast majority of them, especially the physically attractive ones, look for is 6 and 7 figure incomes, luxury yachts on Lake Michigan, schoolhouse-sized mansions, either in gated communities, or on the lakefront, and they want more. They are known to heavily reject guys who wear glasses and/or contact lenses, guys who do not drive their own car, guys who have an Average Joe type of job, and too much to list.

There is, however, a small minority of women in the Chicagoland area who may fall for the average Joe, but unfortunately for those who like physical attraction, the only Chicagolanders likely to fall for the average Joe are the morbidly obese (upwards of 300 and 400 pounds) women. Although if you are an average Joe, there is a slight chance that you might get slightly luckier and end up with someone as light as possibly 225 pounds, but that (although possibly 210 pounds at the absolute bare minimum) is as lightweight as the average Joe seekers in Chicagoland come. Basically, it is guaranteed that Chicagoland women who seek an average Joe will have at minimum a significantly large/visible double chin, very little neck, and a medium to large size belly.
I award you no points. That was the worst fiction I've ever read.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:25 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,207,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannheimMadman View Post
I award you no points.

May God Have Mercy On Your Soul - Billy Madison Emoticlips - YouTube

Old 08-02-2013, 12:54 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,166,049 times
Quote:
I award you no points. That was the worst fiction I've ever read.
I agreed w him to a point, until he started talking abt weight, which made him sound stupid and idiotic.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:05 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,255,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaiter View Post
I agreed w him to a point, until he started talking abt weight, which made him sound stupid and idiotic.
Hold up. Has it truthfully been your experience that a dude who wear contact lenses/glasses, has an average job and an average apartment/dwelling cannot meet women...at all? While I agree that there a lot of Chicago gold diggers (it is an urban metropolis which many wealthy men call home) I wouldn't say that it's all that hard to find a girl who isn't overweight or ugly. I know dozens of educated, ambitious, non-beeyotchy and fairly attractive girls who date average dudes. This is why I think the whole post was a sham.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:07 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Hold up. Has it truthfully been your experience that a dude who wear contact lenses/glasses, has an average job and an average apartment/dwelling cannot meet women...at all? While I agree that there a lot of Chicago gold diggers (it is an urban metropolis which many wealthy men call home) I wouldn't say that it's all that hard to find a girl who isn't overweight or ugly. I know dozens of educated, ambitious, non-beeyotchy and fairly attractive girls who date average dudes. This is why I think the whole post was a sham.
The post was stupid and not even a good attempt at a lie.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:16 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
The post was stupid and not even a good attempt at a lie.
I like it. It makes my exploits as a young, carless, student debt-drowning 20-something self seem like something of a legend w/the ladies.

Must have been the contact lenses.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:20 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,166,049 times
In general, women of dating age in Chicago have unreasonable expectations and check lists, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago