Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 10:15 PM

46 posts, read 72,508 times

Advertisements

Im from Cleveland.. been in Akron the past 4 years for school.... Akron is a smaller version of Cleveland with more crime. (home of LeBron James)

My friend lives in the "heart of chicago" she says and she has her car but also says she doesnt drive ever now. But I will bring my car and see how it goes I guess.

Here is a place I just searched and looks perfect for me...

1222 W. Roosevelt Rd Chicago, IL 60608

Roosevelt Square Apartments Apartments in Chicago, IL | Apartments.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 10:22 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,915,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanw343 View Post
Im from Cleveland.. been in Akron the past 4 years for school.... Akron is a smaller version of Cleveland with more crime. (home of LeBron James)

My friend lives in the "heart of chicago" she says and she has her car but also says she doesnt drive ever now. But I will bring my car and see how it goes I guess.
Yeah, depends on where you live, but if it's at all where stuff's happening, you will barely need it. I sold my car before I came here. The only times I"ve needed a car was for when I needed to go out of town to Iowa or Michigan or whatever. I just rent a car in that case. With the money I save, I can do a lot of things..

Quote:

Yeah definitely. The area is a lot better than the previous two. If you go directly north of there to Taylor street, there's a bunch of food and stuff, and some bars. This is right near UIC and a lot closer to the United Center. Usually more of the college crowd who hangs there, but you never know. Also kind of close to Greektown.

If you want to hop on the Red Line, you can take a bus East to Roosevelt, or for the Pink Line you can take a bus there, or it's about a mile walk which isn't bad in the summer. The Blue Line is about 3/4 of a mile north of there, so if you want to go to Wicker Park/Bucktown or Logan Square..then there you go.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:26 PM

You might also want to check with them about breeds, since it says "Breed Restrictions Apply." There will be a number of places who might not accept the pit bull.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:30 PM

Hes a bulldog... short little fat guy...https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...03440281_n.jpg

thats a picture of him jumpin on my rottweiler

Anyone know anything about Fosco Park? Its really close to that apartment I just listed above and it says it has fitness floor and basketball courts...

Old 01-08-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Hes a bulldog... short little fat guy...https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...03440281_n.jpg

thats a picture of him jumpin on my rottweiler
hah, oh. Why the **** did I think you said pitbull? It's been a long day.

Quote:
Anyone know anything about Fosco Park? Its really close to that apartment I just listed above and it says it has fitness floor and basketball courts...
Forgot about Fosco Park. That's not too far away. Same thing. It's pretty residential and quiet around there. The facilities themselves are pretty nice for what they are. I know they have a pool there too. Don't remember the costs involved are.

EDIT: Costs for the fitness centers are $30-$60 per three month session. Don't know if that includes indoor courts and what not. Probably best to just call them up.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:44 PM

Nice yeah Everything I need is right there... train station is like a 5-10 min walk it seems, highway is about 5 mins away, United Center is only 2 miles away.. rec center right around the corner, best buy right down the street (im big into electronics)

I wouldnt be moving until april-may and the job starts in June but I should probably get in contact with that apartment complex now to see whats going to be available right?

Old 01-09-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Nice yeah Everything I need is right there... train station is like a 5-10 min walk it seems, highway is about 5 mins away, United Center is only 2 miles away.. rec center right around the corner, best buy right down the street (im big into electronics)

I wouldnt be moving until april-may and the job starts in June but I should probably get in contact with that apartment complex now to see whats going to be available right?
(2 train stations actually, hah). Yeah it's a good location for you and your budget. It's not a Lakeview, Wicker Park, or Lincoln Park, but it's definitely adequate.

I would definitely contact them. Since it's close to UIC, I bet they have some students there, and since the term ends in May....there may be someone leaving then. Better to get in now. Plus, if they don't have anything, the management group might have other buildings that fit your needs. That's actually how I found my current building.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:04 AM

3,920 posts, read 6,833,898 times
Quote:

Roosevelt Square Apartments Apartments in Chicago, IL | Apartments.com
The best advice I can give you is to keep the car at your parents and use the money you save per month to buy a nicer apartment in a more affluent area. Your wallet and safety will thank you, as will your 25 year old ambition to meet women/have fun.

Also, try looking into roommates. Craigslist is used frequently out here to find cheaper places.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:47 AM

257 posts, read 491,500 times
There is xsport fitness right there at 8th and state. Pretty nice one.Basketball, gym, pool, ugly cheap people, free 2 hour parking.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:18 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,206,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailerguy View Post
South Michigan is better. Neither is great. If you are going to live on the south side, watch your back.
2100 S. Michigan is in the South Loop and is fine. You don't need to "watch your back" there more than anywhere else in the city.

I'm less familiar with the other location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago