Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 12:19 PM

27 posts, read 32,288 times

Advertisements

Hi to all.

I'm hoping Golden Camel sees post. If you do can you compare onesuite to Pioneer Long Distance?

How do costs compare? Ease of use? And any other criteria you can think of.

I'm mostly interested in calling Canada. Maybe Germany too.

Thanks to all who respond
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 02:43 AM

185 posts, read 595,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallyworld View Post
Hi to all.

I'm hoping Golden Camel sees post. If you do can you compare onesuite to Pioneer Long Distance?

How do costs compare? Ease of use? And any other criteria you can think of.

I'm mostly interested in calling Canada. Maybe Germany too.

Thanks to all who respond
Pioneer is regular long distance. You just dial the number like you learned to do in first grade. They send you a bill at the end of the month via email and you pay it. The above applies to regular land lines. From a cell phone, you would need to get a calling card since you can't switch your default long distance carrier. With the calling card, you dial an access number, dial a PIN, dial whoever you were calling, and get a bill at the end of the month like above.

Onesuite.com is a prepaid long distance service. You have to pay in advance any amount from $10 to $50 via a credit card or paypal. You get a PIN. You dial a local access number, you dial the PIN, you dial the number you wish to reach. The cost of the call is automatically deducted from the balance in your account. There are no bills, but you can log into their web site at any time to see your balance and a detailed list of who you called for the last three months. It works the same from a land line or cell phone.

But...
You can register up to 3 phone numbers at the onesuite web site. They can be land or cell lines. When you dial the local access number from these three phones, you can skip dialing the PIN number. The call will automatically be billed to your account. Also you can create a list of your 50 most frequently dialed numbers at the onesuite.com web site. Instead of dialing the whole phone number, you can dial a two digit speed dial code.

At any time, you can add more money to your account. Your account expires 6 months after you last added money or completed a phone call, whichever is later. You lose your balance if your account expires. But if you make at least one phone call every six months, you won't ever lose money.

So onesuite is more difficult to use. You have to dial at least one more number from a land line to connect and you have to pay in advance.

The rates are usually lower at onesuite.com. You can compare the rates here:
Onesuite rates.
Pioneer Rates.
Important: The onesuite rates include ALL taxes and fees. There are no additional fees added. You have to add all the usual taxes to the Pioneer rates.

I've had no trouble calling Canada from oneuite. I have no experience with Germany.

Here's the bottom line: It'll cost you $10 to try out onesuite for yourself. There is no commitment, you don't have to change your long distance carrier, cancel your current long distance service, or even notify your phone company. Try it and see if it meets your needs. If it doesn't, just stop using it and go back to whatever you were doing.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:19 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,519,800 times
I have used onesuite sense 2001. I call Sweden alot. I really like it. I pay the 10 dollars minimum and recharge as I need.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:26 AM

27 posts, read 32,288 times
Thank you for your replies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago