Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 02:22 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,206,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You noticed that, too, did ya?

Hopefully this means Ketchup Boy is done now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 02:32 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,054,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
If someone tells you they're going to see a bad movie, you're allowed to tell them it's a bad movie, even if you're not going with them.
People have different tastes. Perhaps what you consider a bad movie, another will enjoy.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:38 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,210,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
No it's not. But Ok mein Food-Fuhrer, click click.
Vaat! ju vant to enter ze Chicago? NEIN, NEIN, NEIN!!! Ju put ze ketchup on ze hot-dog. Raus, zu die Polezei Station fur ze "questioning". Ze Rahm Vater und Der Koenig Daley vill deal mit ju in ze "spezial" Chicago way Even if nur im home, it is still verboten.
No one is saying you CAN'T do it, you're just being judged for liking it.

For your next post I suggest you head over to some of the Texas boards and start talking about how you put ketchup on brisket, or prefer brisket that is prepared in the oven using liquid smoke.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:47 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post

For your next post I suggest you head over to some of the Texas boards and start talking about how you put ketchup on brisket, or prefer brisket that is prepared in the oven using liquid smoke.
Maybe I can change my user name to dodgersangelsfan.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:49 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,206,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post

Right, but don't act like a naive outsider, or they might forgive you. Give yourself a name that makes you seem like a local who should know better, like astrosrangersfan.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:54 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,370,617 times
Talking Still not getting it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Maybe I can change my user name to dodgersangelsfan.
...see if you were at a Dodgers / Angels game and you had your goofy mix of memorabillia on indicating support of both team you'd just get high fives (and maybe some medical marijuana offers...) from fans of both teams. In contrast if you showed up at Wrigley or da Cell wearing some adomination like half a Fisk jersery sewed to half a Sandberg jersey you'd have twice as many people ready to strip you naked and toss you over the upper deck...

Old 06-21-2012, 03:35 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
...see if you were at a Dodgers / Angels game and you had your goofy mix of memorabillia on indicating support of both team you'd just get high fives (and maybe some medical marijuana offers...) from fans of both teams. In contrast if you showed up at Wrigley or da Cell wearing some adomination like half a Fisk jersery sewed to half a Sandberg jersey you'd have twice as many people ready to strip you naked and toss you over the upper deck...
I don't think you understand the devotion Dodgers fans have to the team - people showing up to Dodger Stadium wearing Angels colors would be looked at with dismay and receive many scornful comments(certainly not a high five) - if you wore a Giants hat - that is where the violence would begin (see Brian Stow). The rivalry beween the Dodgers and Angels isn't as intense as Cubs-White Sox but it exists and anyone who claims to be a fan of both clubs has some serious confusion issues that they need to work out.

No matter how passionate your squabbles in Chicago can get - they have to absolutely pale in comparison for the hatred that San Francisco and Los Angeles have for each other - and the Giants vs. Dodgers in particular.

We - just - don't - get - along with our neighbors to the north.

Dividing California in half isn't such a bad idea - IMO.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:36 PM

99 posts, read 136,938 times
Do ya go to Chinatown and order a hamburger?

YOU DO NOT GO TO CHICAGO AND ORDER A HOT DOG WITH KETCHUP OR A BEEF WITH MAYONNAISE.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:42 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer31 View Post
Do ya go to Chinatown and order a hamburger?

YOU DO NOT GO TO CHICAGO AND ORDER A HOT DOG WITH KETCHUP OR A BEEF WITH MAYONNAISE.
I agree. We were in Crete last year and we snapped a photo of my youngest devouring a plate of snails.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:44 PM

99 posts, read 136,938 times
Thats interesting to know that such a young person could appreciate cuisine like that.

I love snails and oysters and stuff like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago