Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2007, 09:26 AM

7 posts, read 43,401 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving to Chicago area in Aug.
I will be working in Oakbrook Terrace. I see there are quite a few affordable apartments in the Lisle, Woodridge area. We are trying to keep it around $700/$750 range for a 1 bedroom. Does anyone have any opinions on these towns/complexes?
The apartment complexes I've briefly looked over online are
Natural Falls Resorts Apartments
Emerald Courts Apartments
Four lakes in Lisle
Avalon at Westmont (not sure where that is yet)
Timber Creek - Woodridge

Or any others you might have experience with would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 09:30 PM

20 posts, read 78,868 times
bumping this because i'm interested in some of those complexes as well

Old 07-31-2009, 02:51 PM

2 posts, read 5,510 times
My son works at Four Lakes and we lived there for five years before our building went condo. It is a great community and has bus service to the train station available. We move across the road to The Villages of Lisle and lived there for three years. My son still lives there, but mostly so he can walk to work and be in the COD community college district. I moved to Romeoville because I could not afford Lisle anymore. Lisle still has the best train station and the BSNF is still the better train line in case you end up downtown one day. It is unlikely you will find something in Lisle in that price range unless they have really dropped in price. Generally a one bedroom is going to be a minimum of $900 in Lisle unless you can live in a studio which is really tight for two people. You may get a better rate at the Abbey apts on the 4Lakes property. My son has also worked for them and we know the management well. I love the Remington in Romeoville but the commute right now to Oakbrook is taking me 1.25 hour to get home because of summer construction. The drive in is much shorter. You may want to consider Westmont for the commute. Since you are not interested in schools, why pay the premium for an area because of the school district. Westmont has more to offer in its downtown but Lisle has more city events. One thing about Chicagoland, don't let the "luxury apt " label sway you. Make sure you visit on a weekend and after school to see what the parking lots and community looks like when everyone is home. There are some terrible complexes in the burbs with the "luxury" label. I could name a couple in Schaumburg which have very high theft and the police are there all the time. My neighbor moved to the Avalon a couple months ago because our rent here was going up. I am considering moving there myself. I will continue to look though, because I prefer a unit with a garage like the one I currently have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs