Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 10:10 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandre View Post
I would throw Geneva into that list (about as expensive as St. Charles)
I love the downtown area of Geneva!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 10:39 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,508,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
A nice downtown in a nice suburb that isn't too expensive yet is safe. I know thats asking for all but is there any burb that comes close to that?
Homewood! Very quaint "Norman Rockwell" style downtown. http://village.homewood.il.us/

Also, this one is currently underway, so in 10 years it will really be something, so I would suggest Tinley Park if you are looking for a great investment opprotunity. I've seen the plans for the town's downtown, and it is pretty incredible I have to admit. This is a sample of some of what is to come in the Tinley downtown area. Tinley Park Place (http://www.tinleyparkplace.com/about.php - broken link) Here are some other pics that are actually right on this very site. https://www.city-data.com/city/Tinley-Park-Illinois.html

Old 10-27-2008, 12:07 PM

NY - are you a Chicago native?

Old 10-27-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
NY - are you a Chicago native?
Yes why?

Old 10-27-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
Yes why?
You have the NY reference, but seem to be a person who knows the 'burbs.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
You have the NY reference, but seem to be a person who knows the 'burbs.
I've been all over. Like the old song says, "everytime I leave, Chicago is tuggin' at my sleeve" I can't seem to get the hell out of here! lol I've traveled the entire US with the exception of Palinland (Alaska) and Maine, but have been all over, and have lived for a short time in Brooklyn, a longer time in the northern burbs of San Diego, and an even longer time in Bloomington, IL which time and time again I always found myself right back where I started; the south side of Chicago. DOPE!

Old 10-30-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
I've been all over. Like the old song says, "everytime I leave, Chicago is tuggin' at my sleeve" I can't seem to get the hell out of here! lol I've traveled the entire US with the exception of Palinland (Alaska) and Maine, but have been all over, and have lived for a short time in Brooklyn, a longer time in the northern burbs of San Diego, and an even longer time in Bloomington, IL which time and time again I always found myself right back where I started; the south side of Chicago. DOPE!
I grew up in Beverly. It gets in your blood, doesn't it?
I really hate the city's dirty politics, but other than that, definitely, "my kinda town."

Old 10-30-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I grew up in Beverly. It gets in your blood, doesn't it?
I really hate the city's dirty politics, but other than that, definitely, "my kinda town."
Well there is no doubt, you can take the man out of the city, but you will NEVER take the city out of the man.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrules View Post
well there is no doubt, you can take the man out of the city, but you will never take the city out of the man.
:d

Old 11-01-2008, 11:34 AM

10 posts, read 26,718 times
Default Antioch

Spartanacus- You mentioned Antioch...Could you fill me in on the schools there? We will be moving to this area in June/2009 and will have a son entering high school. Just wondered if this was a pretty established area, meaning that most of the kids have gone to school together and a new kid would have a hard time fitting in? Or is there enough people moving in/out of the area that the student population is not so static? Also, is housing fairly reasonable? In my intial searches, it seems to be, and seems to be a nice area. Thanks for your help!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs