Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2006, 05:16 PM

13 posts, read 85,558 times

Advertisements

My mother-in-law is considering moving to Carol Stream, we don't know anything about this town. If anyone has any info good or bad that would be great. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2006, 04:02 AM

19 posts, read 162,136 times
Carol Stream is your average suburb. Nothing too great, nothing too bad. It's probably cheaper than some of the surrounding suburbs and it's somewhat close to the city. Since it is in DuPage County, expect to pay sky high taxes.

Old 09-17-2006, 12:21 PM

3 posts, read 11,860 times
I'm in Carol Stream right now, and the best part about it is that it's not far from anything, it's very centrally located among the west suburbs, nothing is too far away. I live in an apartment complex surrounded by several other apartment complexes in the southeast part of Carol Stream, so I'm closer to parts of Glendale Heights and Wheaton than the rest of Carol Stream. My neighborhood is lively, there are always kids playing the parks across the street, and I like it for the most part. The other neighborhoods in Carol Stream look nice too, but I haven't spent any time in them.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:34 AM

6 posts, read 28,070 times
Our family has lived here for 16 years. It is a safe town, lower taxes than surrounding towns like Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Bloomingdale. There are newer homes west of Kuhn Rd south of the highschool. We live in the original part of Carol Stream off of Thunderbird Lane & Gary Ave. These homes are less expensive.
Also homes west of Kuhn Rd closer to North Ave are reasonable too. And on Lies Rd between Kuhn Rd and Gary Ave on the south side.
We do not know of much crime in our town, but only in apartments off of Gunderson and Schmale Rd behind the Pizza Hut. Section 8 housing was allowed there so that area is the only negative we know of. visit www.carolstream.org to check out some of the town...
You are close to Stratford Square Mall just North of Army Trail Rd, and many other stores across from the Mall so lots of shopping choices..
We like the town.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:13 PM

9 posts, read 26,068 times
Good lesson to be learned here. Look at the date of the posting. This person asked for help nearly four years ago!

Old 07-06-2010, 07:24 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCShane View Post
Good lesson to be learned here. Look at the date of the posting. This person asked for help nearly four years ago!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs