Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 11:45 AM

5 posts, read 9,242 times

Advertisements

I am moving for a job in Willowbrook and would like to find a 400k house, rather new, with a decent backyard, in a 20 min commute. A few houses in Bolingbrook, North of Boughton Rd, near the DuPage River look good but I am not sure about the area (community events, shopping, crime, taxes, etc). Comments are appreciated. Mario.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 11:55 AM

45 posts, read 175,641 times
For that price Naperville is nicer

Old 07-04-2010, 12:33 PM

Yes but isn't the nice part of Naperville farther West, more than 30 min comute to Willowbrook?

Old 07-04-2010, 12:35 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,842,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago0304 View Post
For that price Naperville is nicer
Agreed. You can get a really nice home for that price in bolingbrook and likely be located in the sliver of bolingbrook that's in the naperville school district, but for that budget i'd just go into naperville.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:51 PM

Thank you.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:18 PM

588 posts, read 1,804,903 times
I highly recommend the Heritage Creek neighborhood. It's off of Royce which is north of Boughton, and west of Rt. 53. It actually feels more Naperville than Bolingbrook. Lol. The houses are in the price range you gave. I'm a Bolingbrook cop and we barely get any calls in that area. If I had to live in Bolingbrook, I'd live there.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:33 PM

Thanls ofcjim40. What about River Woods?

Old 07-04-2010, 10:41 PM

588 posts, read 1,804,903 times
What addresses are you looking at? River Woods, is that on Delaware Cr. north of Boughton? Sorry, we don't know the subdivision names that well because we have about 100 different "subdivisions" in town. So give me some addresses and I'd be more than happy to weight in.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:21 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,609,325 times
First, let me start by saying that I think some parts of Bolingbrook are fairly well developed and that I appreciate the efforts the town has taken to have a wider mix of housing options at the upper end.

That said, when I see a person contemplating working in Willowbrook I have to say that there are LOTS of options available to them. Given the large number of distressed sales even on newer homes in towns from Burr Eidge and Hinsdale to parts of unincorporated DuPage Co that feed into Hinsdale Central it woud be foolish not to give extensive thought to such a situation.

Similarly other area that are served by really desirable schools including LT lie just to the east of Willowbrook and so to are there a number of newer homes in south Western Springs, Indianhead Park, and Countryside that represent an excellent value and easy commute.

Even some othe areas that lie south in /near Homer Glen would be a better long term value.

The danger in buying in an area where prices remain high relative to the overall town vs buying a distressed property in an otherwise desirable town is that forces outside your control are at work in the one situation, where in the other you "help the seller as you help yourself" for the long run...

Old 07-05-2010, 07:01 AM

720 posts, read 3,012,556 times
Default Bolingbrook

I'm terrrible with directions like North side of Bolingbrook but if it's the sliver of Bolingbrook that falls under District 204 that's a pretty nice area there near Boughton and Naper Plainfield. A few different neighborhoods. They havn't gotten around to it yet but for years there's been a plan to make King's road cut through to 95th street which will make getting into Naperville a little easier.

I think those neighbhorhoods are fine, you would never even be able to tell your in Bolingbrook and not Naperville. Bolingbrook is a pretty good community but librarires, park district, etc isn't as good as Naperville.

Also like others said for the price your talking I woudl take Naperville or even other communities over Bolingbrook in a second. Naperville has plenty of cheap stuff in great areas on the market right now. Think about how often Napervillle comes up on these boards. If the time comes that you need to sell Naperville is going to be what people are telling their realtors just like it keeps comming up on these boards so easier sale I would think.

There's a couple other nice neighborhoods in Bolingbrook as well but they are all bordered by kinda dumpy areas.

I was casually looking at properties in Bolingbrook recently. You can get a decent home for cheap and be near the expressways but there's lotsa ghetto people in Bolingbrook who I would not want as my neighbhors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs