Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2009, 12:57 PM

53 posts, read 506,132 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at slightly used Tahoe's and Yukons. If anyone in here owns the new body style or knows a lot about them I would like to hear any pros and cons you may have.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 02:27 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,694,054 times
I own an '07 Yukon Denali and love it! When I was shopping around I was primarily interested in the new Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade and compared each. The Yukon (non-Denali) and Tahoe are almost exactly the same with a few very minor details (aka the grille). The Yukon will usually be a bit higher priced than a similiar Tahoe for some reason (at least that's what I've noticed). The Yukon is a bit better looking vehicle than the Tahoe in my opinion. The Yukon Denali is basically the middle ground between a Cadillac Escalade and a regular Yukon and I think it's the best dollar for dollar value.

When I test drove the Escalade, I didn't particularly care for the dash layout with all these knobs and buttons for climate control, it was a bit puzzling however I did like the larger navigation screen versus my Yukon's smaller one. The Escalade was definetly more of a flashy vehicle with larger rims, more chrome, and cadillac emblems everywhere while the Yukon Denali was a bit more understated yet very tastefully done. The Escalade was nice but I wasn't going to justify $12K more for the Cadillac name.

I really can't say I have many cons against my Yukon except possibly the gas mileage but I knew very well what type of mileage I was going to get buying a large vehicle so I really don't want to factor that in. I wish you luck in your car buying process!

Old 03-20-2009, 06:56 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,224,618 times
My wife has a 2007 Tahoe LT3 4x4 we bought in July of 2006. It has the 5.3l flex fuel with fuel management (shuts down 4 cylinders when you don't need the power of all 8). It has all the little bells and whistles like leather, climate control, heated seats, power lift gate, 6 disc etc etc. She gets 13-14 mpg around town and on long road trips it averages about 23 mpg. It has alot of power and my wife has a lead foot so thats what hurts our city mileage. Overall we love it and will trade it off for another probably next year. It'll either be a Z71 Tahoe or a Yukon, she can't decide. We got one of the first ones off the assembly line before the Yukon, Escalade, Suburban, and Avalanche were even on the lots and like I said, no real problems. When it comes to full sized SUV's, GM can't be beat. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

*** The only con I could come up with is front pass. seat leg room, but I'm 6'6 so thats the problem. haha

Old 05-09-2009, 07:27 PM

1,297 posts, read 4,768,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
My wife has a 2007 Tahoe LT3 4x4 we bought in July of 2006. It has the 5.3l flex fuel with fuel management (shuts down 4 cylinders when you don't need the power of all 8). It has all the little bells and whistles like leather, climate control, heated seats, power lift gate, 6 disc etc etc. She gets 13-14 mpg around town and on long road trips it averages about 23 mpg. It has alot of power and my wife has a lead foot so thats what hurts our city mileage. Overall we love it and will trade it off for another probably next year. It'll either be a Z71 Tahoe or a Yukon, she can't decide. We got one of the first ones off the assembly line before the Yukon, Escalade, Suburban, and Avalanche were even on the lots and like I said, no real problems. When it comes to full sized SUV's, GM can't be beat. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

*** The only con I could come up with is front pass. seat leg room, but I'm 6'6 so thats the problem. haha

I owned the 07 LTZ 4x4 also and loved it. Now I am 6'4" and fat but it has plenty of legroom so you must have other issues that need to be dealt with. Oh, and the door handles are easy for me to reach to open door...

Old 01-15-2020, 11:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,968 times
Default tahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post

Hi brother,plz let me know if these cars costs more to run and give headaches

Old 01-16-2020, 05:43 AM

1,147 posts, read 1,401,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHIRS97 View Post
Hi brother,plz let me know if these cars costs more to run and give headaches

Yes, these cars do cause headaches, especially if you run them inside of a garage. They also cause dizziness, and nausea. They also cost more to run, and less to not to run.

Glad I could help. Thank you. Take care, Brother!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC