Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2009, 08:21 PM

25 posts, read 78,556 times

Advertisements

I am going to be passing thru Nashville in a couple weeks on my way to california can anyone recommend a good place to get something to eat. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 05:54 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,115 times
Go downtown or over to Hamilton Place for some Sticky Fingers goodness . Awesome dry rub ribs! Our absolute favorite place for BBQ. If you want a good stuffed potato, try Porkers which is also downtown.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:46 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,205,559 times
Nashville or Chattanooga?

In Nashville, try Martin's in Nolensville, a little south of Nashville. I haven't found any BBQ in Chattanooga that I would call decent, aside from Porkers. Sticky Fingers is way overrated, IMO...

Old 11-05-2009, 09:24 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,115 times
HAHA because the thread was in Chattanooga I just skipped over the whole Nashville part. That's what I get for posting before 8am.

Oh no you didn't bmrisko! Are you trying to start another BBQ war? Huh? Huh? I will beat you down with my gnawed down dry rub rib right there on Market Street!

Old 11-05-2009, 03:42 PM

25 posts, read 78,556 times
I meant to post this in the Nashville thread but somehow did it in this one instead. Any BBQ place In Tenn along I40 would work for me. thanks,

Old 11-06-2009, 02:42 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,205,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
HAHA because the thread was in Chattanooga I just skipped over the whole Nashville part. That's what I get for posting before 8am.

Oh no you didn't bmrisko! Are you trying to start another BBQ war? Huh? Huh? I will beat you down with my gnawed down dry rub rib right there on Market Street!
I'll admit, their dry rub ribs are good...now if only they could deliver on a consistent basis. I have been disappointed more than half the times I have been there either due to way too much fat in the Q, poor service or cold food.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:52 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,506,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
Nashville or Chattanooga?

In Nashville, try Martin's in Nolensville, a little south of Nashville. I haven't found any BBQ in Chattanooga that I would call decent, aside from Porkers. Sticky Fingers is way overrated, IMO...
In chattanooga, try Bones on E. Brainerd Rd. It really is good. And the staff there is very cute (young women).

Old 11-08-2009, 02:13 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,066,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinestx View Post
In chattanooga, try Bones on E. Brainerd Rd. It really is good. And the staff there is very cute (young women).
Bones.....someone mention Bones.....

Old 11-09-2009, 12:10 AM

97 posts, read 271,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
I meant to post this in the Nashville thread...... Any BBQ place In Tenn along I40 would work for me. thanks,

In the Nashville area, and assuming you don't want to travel too far off of I-40, locals and tourists both like Jack's, but it's in the "tourist district", downtown on Broadway, so you'll have to pay to park.

Take Exit 209 off of the Interstate and go east about 7 or 8 blocks. Jack's is on the left between 5th Ave. and 4th. Ave. The most reasonably priced place to park is the garage attached the the library, it's $2 an hour, some of the lots near Broadway are $6 for the first hour.

A map of downtown parking options: Park It! Downtown - The Parking Website of the Nashville Downtown Partnership :: Home

Another local favorite is Hog Heaven, about a mile and a half west of I-40 at the same exit. It's so small they have no indoor seating, just some tables outside under an awning. It's across the street from a large city park, so locals get it to go and eat at a table in the park if the weather is decent. Some say it's overrated, but it's close to I-40.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga