Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2008, 07:06 PM

37 posts, read 152,958 times

Advertisements

I noticed some very nice priced homes in Chattanooga, the specific area was:
Area: Downtown-St.Elmo-High Park-Avondale-Miss Ridge

Any advice on these specific areas?
I am a single mom and I have 2 children and looking for a safe area. I also need special schooling for a child with special needs.

Any more advice on other areas where housing is less than 100k?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,529 times
Downtown is a very safe place. However, The Homes in Dwn. town cost a little more. Try East Brainerd. East Brainerd is very safe. Your kids will be zoned for Westview and The new Middle and High School which will be soon completed.

Go to mlsarealistings.com.
This website is for chatanooga real estate

Old 04-23-2008, 06:35 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,653,299 times
Laura, downtown will have your kids zoned for schools you may not want them in and living in possibly a compromised area. I personally LOVE those downtown homes but as I have a lil one I just can't make myself "pioneer" that area. Granted there are a couple of neighborhoods that are safe and you DO have the option of magnet schools so if there is one you just adore, check it out. Or ask one of us. We may have a general idea of it's location. Downtown varies from urban chic to straight ghetto so you never know.

As for special schooling we don't have that much to offer but some of our schools have a decent program. There is a private school called scenic land Scenic Land School for Learning Disabilities that you might be interested in.

I live in Brainerd, between Brainerd Road and I24 and love my neighborhood. The homes are decent and relatively cheap, the schools are safe. East Ridge is about the same. E Brainerd seems to be the preferred area with it's great schools. Don't forget Hixson, Soddy Daisy, Lookout Valley etc... lol If you happen to win the lottery, head on up to Signal or Lookout Mtn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga