Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2007, 06:58 AM

23 posts, read 69,914 times

Advertisements

Well, we are a family of 5 looking to get OUT of Florida. We are originally from NJ but don't want to go back up there. We are going to try and find a rental house b/c we have a dog and it seems most apartments either don't allow dogs or only allow tiny dogs. We are looking into the job market up there. I have always been in healthcare, I have worked as an EMT, a CNA and I am currently a medical assistant student. I attend school online so we can move before I finish. My husband has done plumbing work, janitorial and maintenance. Any recommendations for us when it comes to jobs. Good places to work, bad places to work. Any help on where to get started would help. We would like to take a trip up there right after the holidays and try and find some work.But ultimately we would like to try and move during the summer b/c my oldest is school age and I would rather not have her change schools during the school year. Also my other question is the cost of daycare for 2 children....How expensive is it? Either my husband and myself will work different shifts or send the 2 youngest to daycare. Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 07:07 AM

611 posts, read 2,000,725 times
Erlanger (http://www.erlanger.org/about/history.asp - broken link) Hospital

Memorial Hospital

Park Ridge Hospital

There are several medium sized plumbers in Chattanooga as well. There is also pipe fitters local.

Good luck

Old 11-12-2007, 09:33 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,663,757 times
Daycare ranges from $100-$125 a week on average. When I was returning to work I interviewed many until I found one I liked so I discovered that we have some great centers here. Home based daycare will be cheaper of course. Schools offer before and after care to the tune of $60 per week and I think the second child is only $30 but don't quote me on that

As for jobs, anything in the health field should be no problem as we have several hospitals around. Yahoo jobs is a good site or you can try our local classifieds:

Chattanooga Times Free Press - Breaking News in Chattanooga, TN. Classifieds and Top StoriesChattanooga Times Free Press - Breaking News in Chattanooga, TN. Classifieds and Top Stories
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
View detailed profiles of: