Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 08:41 PM

105 posts, read 295,645 times

Advertisements

I seen some beautiful homes there, but was concern that there are a number of other homes for sell. Is that bad or what? Wondering why there are that many homes for sale around 10 in a community of about 100 homes. Should I be worry about this? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2007, 08:56 PM

197 posts, read 736,232 times
there is a large commercial retail development going in on the SE corner of Providence and New Town Rd that backs directly up to Weddington Chase

Old 02-20-2007, 09:01 PM

Is that a good thing or a bad thing, I thought that would be good to have a shopping area and bring jobs to the neighborhood.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:02 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,398,924 times
Yes but if they are planning on Lights depending on where in the development you buy I dont think u want that in your backyard...considering what those houses sell for...JMO..we are looking as well and were careful which developments we are choosing because of all the new retail that is coming and u never know where they will wind up

Old 02-20-2007, 09:06 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,172,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenlife7 View Post
I seen some beautiful homes there, but was concern that there are a number of other homes for sell. Is that bad or what? Wondering why there are that many homes for sale around 10 in a community of about 100 homes. Should I be worry about this? Thanks
It's a beautiful John Wieland community...make sure your realtor checks where the retail is going, you probably don't want to back right up to it, but I agree, close shopping is nice...some of the homes in there are absolutely stunning!

Old 02-20-2007, 09:06 PM

Thanks, I see what you mean. They are beautiful home for the size, lot, and amenties.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:08 PM

197 posts, read 736,232 times
Quote:
Is that a good thing or a bad thing, I thought that would be good to have a shopping area and bring jobs to the neighborhood.
It really depends on the person - to some it will be good and others bad. My guess is that many of the people in there bought & built when this area was much more rural and wanted the rural feel (which was as recent as 3 years ago). If you back to a huge retail development that is hardly a rural feel.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:02 PM

13 posts, read 56,306 times
Weddington Chase is a very expensive community, and not in terms of housing costs. Almost 1000 a year in community fees and the houses are right on top of one another. Most look alike - like Ryan homes on steroids. But, that is just my opinion as I tend to like more upper end, traditional homes as in High Gate Community. Weddington Chase is very much a cookie-cutter community with a high price tag.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:50 AM

673 posts, read 2,682,313 times
Default Weddington Chase homes for sale

Quote:

I think Weddington Chase is a beautiful community, and I do not think they look like cookie cutter homes. I don't think the proportion of homes for sale is too high for that neighborhood. There are a lot more homes than you realize in there - probably between 400 & 500.

Old 02-21-2007, 05:10 AM

1,453 posts, read 5,152,450 times
According to Realist there are 306 homes in Weddington Chase, of those 14 are currently for sale on mls and 2 pending sale. That's about normal; 5%. If you purchased a home on an interior lot you shouldn't be disturbed by local retail. It would more likely increase the attractiveness of your property to have conveniences nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte