Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 09:24 PM

3 posts, read 19,377 times

Advertisements

We're currently seriously looking at a move to the Charlotte area...just trying to get some opinions on the Concord/Huntersville area.... we may be getting jobs in the Huntersville area.. better to LIVE in Huntersville or the town of Concord? How about The Cannon School in that area? Any advice/suggestions? How about the public schools?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 09:42 PM

252 posts, read 879,383 times
There are Great areas in both towns. As far as the school systems check out cmls school report cards. You really have to be here to get a feel for the areas. Concord is really growing in some areas, especialy near the speedway and the 29 corridor, Huntersville still has a few rural areas but anywhere near I-77 and along 73 is also growing... Get a realtor to email you some maps and material about the areas. The Charlotte Chamber of Commerce also has some excellent relocation packages. Just call themn and they will mail you one.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:24 PM

316 posts, read 394,779 times
I would choose Huntersville - handsdown - JMO

Old 03-11-2008, 05:32 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
If you are working in Huntersville you should live in Huntersville. It a new city you might be to go home for lunch maybe. I dont know about Cannon Schools except I love looking at their buses lol They are state of the art.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:40 PM

8 posts, read 11,210 times
I second Huntersville - Cannon has buses that run all over!

Old 03-11-2008, 09:00 PM

82 posts, read 234,986 times
We live on Hwy. 73 at the Mecklenburg/Cabarrus Co. line. To me this is an excellent location because you are midway between Concord and Huntersville and you pay Cabarrus taxes, which are much more affordable. The kicker is that our mailing address is a Huntersville one, so we get the best of both worlds since Huntersville sounds a little more upscale (if you're familiar with the area). We don't have kids but from what I read and hear from my friends that do have children the Cabarrus school system is far superior to CMS.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:36 PM

450 posts, read 2,320,919 times
I would recommend Concord. Loved living there!!!

Now the thing is, if you're working in Huntersville you'll want to consider if you can find a home in Concord that'll be an acceptable commute to work.

I know a lot of people like Huntersville for being more "upscale" than Concord but it's also getting congested and growing up so fast....I am familiar with it and I lived in Concord and can only say I loved Concord so very much, was so happy there. Cabarrus county schools I hear are pretty good in most areas, CMS school I heard are nightmares.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:09 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,950,060 times
The entire area is growing and is congested. To me at this point until the roads are fixed I would not worry to much between the two just find a community that you can see yourself being happy in.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:17 AM

14 posts, read 55,504 times
I am relocating to Concord from Michigan, my sister is a teacher there and I think it is a great area.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:25 AM

24 posts, read 87,248 times
We looked at Cannon but the building fees per year per child was so high! We settled on St Marks Catholic and just love it. It's off exit 25 (from I77) you don't have to be catholic to go there. They have a great support staff that monitors your childrens academic level and contact you if they see any grades slipping and offer great support to get them back on track. This school also teaches kids to be charitable not just fgor their school but for their community and kids their own age that are not as fortunate. LOVE this school. Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte