Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 09:20 AM

2 posts, read 7,967 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I currently live in a neighborhood almost smack in the middle of these two. I have a 7 year old daughter that attends Kensington and we love this area. Unfortunately there aren't many kids (of any age) in our neighborhood for her to play with. The HOA here is less than desirable and tends to provide events geared towards an older group.

Both Lawson and Millbridge have amazing amenities, are chock full of a variety of school age kids and attend excellent schools.

My question is for those who live in these neighborhoods.. what do you consider the pros and cons of your neighborhood? Would you buy in the same neighborhood again?

Anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated. I want to make a smart move for my daughter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 11:58 AM

343 posts, read 600,838 times
They are both wonderful neighborhoods! Both have tons of kids and the awesome amenities. I prefer Millbridge over Lawson for one specific reason.

Location: In between 521 and Providence, with Waxhaw-Marvin road right beside. You have 3 viable options to get to Ballantyne/South Charlotte/Uptown. Lawson seems to be a little further "out" with regards to main road access points. Personally, we use Waxhaw-Marvin most of the time to go anywhere north of us. Also, Millbridge is a little bit closer to downtown Waxhaw. You are also next to SC, so you can run over and get gas cheaper.

Other than that, both neighborhoods are fantastic and you would be happy in either. For my family, we work in Uptown and spend plenty of time in both downtown Waxhaw and Ballantyne/Blakeney, so multiple routes was important to us.

Old 06-30-2014, 03:34 PM

5 posts, read 11,772 times
Both are wonderful neighborhoods.
I believe you have a chance of hearing the gun range at Millbridge though. Lawson may be the 'quieter' bet. Not sure how far back you can hear the gun range in Millbridge. Just a thought! Best of luck!

Old 06-30-2014, 04:08 PM

343 posts, read 600,838 times
The gun range is hardly an issue. I live in the side closest to the range and rarely do I hear it. If I do hear it, I don't "notice" it. I guess maybe it is background noise to me now. I have never heard any neighbors complain about the range either.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:16 PM

397 posts, read 664,859 times
The gun range is not an issue anywhere in Millbridge. You can hear it at times but it is dampened and erratic - not a constant thing and most definitely not an issue. I agree with the tksuther - the location of Millbridge is so convenient to 521. As far as I'm aware Lennar homes have far fewer choices in terms of options. The builders in Millbridge offer much more in terms of upgrades/colors/etc. The pool/clubhouse are pretty amazing as well. Good luck!

Old 07-13-2014, 09:10 AM

2 posts, read 7,967 times
Thanks everyone. I think we've settled on Millbridge.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:38 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,208,988 times
Property taxes just went up 15.6% and are projected to go up another 20% before 2020, fyi.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte