Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2013, 10:48 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times

Advertisements

Over by Chas. Univ. are the Imperial Tower condos/apartments on Roundhill Road. I know it's an old building because it was there when I was a kid in Charleston, but I haven't been up in a while and the relatives that still live there don't really know much about the place. I know someone who is relocating up there so anyone who has knowledge of these please post below. I'll pass the info on.

What I'm curious about:

It seems some people own/sell the units, others own them and are renting them out. Does anyone know if this building was originally built as a condo-to-own place or as apartments? That sometimes makes a difference in quality.

Each person is of course going to update their units (or not) differently than others. I've noticed a lot of the units listed there don't have laundry built-in, but a handful of people seemed to have added it. Any opinions on how the place has been updated over the years? I know the person in question wonders about fire sprinklers (some older high rises were built before regulations kicked in requiring them every so many feet, etc).

I know that since I lived there, areas of Kanawha City have gone downhill a bit. But I've heard nothing about the college area specifically, so I'll assume it's still considered ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 05:46 AM

6,078 posts, read 9,107,153 times
I don't know much about them. That building has always been a strange wonder I've had in my mind over the years.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:00 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
It was built ~1964 as an apartment building. It's had a makeover a couple of time and is now condo. I've known several people that have lived there and the apartments are quite nice, but since it is condo, that statement may or may not apply to any particular unit. The units usually sell upwards of $100K.

Roundhill Road did not exist before it was built. They blasted off the front of the hillside to make the road. You can't see the terracing now that the trees have all grown up to cover it. They blasted off a really neat rock formation on the top of the hill when they build the Tower. It was a fun place to play before construction.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:59 PM
aiw

1 posts, read 1,861 times
Have owned several condos in the Imperial Tower , and believe it to be the best kept secret in Charleston !
It was built to last of steel & concrete, and is a security building with workout room, on site laundry room, pool and community room that can be reserved to larger functions & gatherings.

We feel like it is the safest place to live in Charleston, and that's why we bought there, we can lock & leave & never give it a second thought. There are 1b1b and 2b2b condos, some owners have added laundry areas, for those who don't want to take an easy elevator ride down to 1st floor laundry room.

But, don't tell anyone....except the nicest people about this great place...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
View detailed profiles of: