Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2019, 09:00 AM

6,224 posts, read 6,607,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturen View Post
Wow! For a stray, that kitty is living high off the hog and very lucky to have you taking care of him.
TY but wouldn't have it any other way. cannot put a price on health. Even a billonaire (I'm not even a street vagrant's money, hahaha) is still needing to care for themsleves. Cats are a gift or should I say priviledge, as we are their staff , remember -- THEY are our MASTER!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2019, 12:59 PM

Wed. update; He's normalizing. Eating v well & maybe using his Kitty Tube. Eats 4 VetriScience Lysine chews/day. 2 in am, 2 in pm. So, all in all best I can ask for as a Christmas present to me & me to him.

Old 12-25-2019, 01:04 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Wed. update; He's normalizing. Eating v well & maybe using his Kitty Tube. Eats 4 VetriScience Lysine chews/day. 2 in am, 2 in pm. So, all in all best I can ask for as a Christmas present to me & me to him.

Thanks for the happy update!

Old 12-25-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Thanks for the happy update!
TY friend & very Merry Christmas to you & you're kitties! It is sunny & nice here today. About 60.

Old 12-26-2019, 01:49 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Good news. Keep up the good work, my friend.

Old 12-27-2019, 07:40 AM

2,977 posts, read 3,919,942 times
I give you a two thumbs for caring for this guy. FWIW I trapped a feral a year ago who had a testicle that had "migrated" to another location, but thankfully they found and remove it, so this isn't that uncommon.

While he's not in perfect health, he's in good hands with you and he'll live a much longer and happier life.

Old 12-27-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene S View Post
I give you a two thumbs for caring for this guy. FWIW I trapped a feral a year ago who had a testicle that had "migrated" to another location, but thankfully they found and remove it, so this isn't that uncommon.

While he's not in perfect health, he's in good hands with you and he'll live a much longer and happier life.
TY Rene & yes I hope he had a better Christmas.

ALso we may be moving by spring, back east from AZ, & thus getting my g/f & I EACH our own apt in same city.

This will allow our indoor girl to have her own apt too w/ my g/f. Also, due to feral being FiV pos. it'll let him be an ONLY cat too w/ me, & this will insure safety between our 2 cats & solve alot of probs. I know he can adjust indoors after spending yrs on the streets.

Old 12-27-2019, 12:10 PM

2,977 posts, read 3,919,942 times
Quote:
TY Rene & yes I hope he had a better Christmas.

ALso we may be moving by spring, back east from AZ, & thus getting my g/f & I EACH our own apt in same city.

This will allow our indoor girl to have her own apt too w/ my g/f. Also, due to feral being FiV pos. it'll let him be an ONLY cat too w/ me, & this will insure safety between our 2 cats & solve alot of probs. I know he can adjust indoors after spending yrs on the streets.
He may indeed love being indoors. I was surprised that our girl, after living outside for a while, has never expressed interest in going back out. And FWIW, if you ever move in with your girlfriend, you can safely integrate a FIV and non FIV kitty together. I have a friend who has done this. FIV is spread only by deep bite wounds and that doesn't usually happen with (neutered) indoor kitties.

Also, if you plan on keeping him, ask your vet about giving Interferon for his FIV. It can help prolong his life.

Old 12-27-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene S View Post
He may indeed love being indoors. I was surprised that our girl, after living outside for a while, has never expressed interest in going back out. And FWIW, if you ever move in with your girlfriend, you can safely integrate a FIV and non FIV kitty together. I have a friend who has done this. FIV is spread only by deep bite wounds and that doesn't usually happen with (neutered) indoor kitties.

Also, if you plan on keeping him, ask your vet about giving Interferon for his FIV. It can help prolong his life.
I will call asap to ask. TY again.

Old 12-28-2019, 02:58 PM

Rene, called my vet & another all-cat vet & an Oncology vet yest. My vet doesn't do it. Neither does other all-cat vet. So, awaiting Monday a call from Oncology vet. I will pm you re this too.

Sat. Update; He's lying in 50 degree sun. But.. very cold here tonite in s. AZ -- under 28 or less So, warming his Kitty Tube in sun on back porch, his Snuggle Safe Micro heat pad & all his self warming 2 pads layered over the Snuggle Safe pad. I hope it lasts thru nite til I awake at 4am Sun.

He's eating v well yet but his r. eye has drainage yet from his eye infect, & he'll need the 2nd Covenia shot in about less than 3ksw or so -- as long as i can catch him.

Ok, more later..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats