Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 09:04 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,349,138 times

Advertisements

There has been a basically "Crazy Cat Lady" thread going on in the relationships forum asking how many cats before you run in the other direction, etc. There are some real cat haters in that thread and I don't quite understand the disdain some of these people have against cats. I read it and just shake my head.

One thing more than one of the posters mention is that cats cannot show love to their human counterparts. I read that several days ago and just had to shake my head.

SO and I were away from Monday til last night and my friend was checking in on Kitty Katty. KK doesn't usually sleep with us, every once in a while he will.

Last night we went to bed and he hopped right up in bed with us at the same time we got in bed and he came and laid right next to me just next to my chest and face. Purr purr purr. After a while he went to the foot of the bed for a few minutes then right back up next to me and purr purr purr.

I got out of bed to use the bathroom at about 3 in the morning and he came into the kitchen with me to get something to drink and back to bed we went. I had been laying towards the outside of the bed so now I was going to be facing towards the inside. This is going to sound funny but I felt something touching my but. Kitty Katty. He was rubbing his one paw on my butt like he was trying to get my attention.

I reached around to pet him and then went back to settle in. He did it again. I pet him again. He did it again. I rolled over to face the outside of the bed again and he crawled up to get into our previous position right next to my face and chest. Purr purr purr.

I guess some may say he has me trained, and maybe he does. We have been gone for a few days and he obviously missed us and was glad to see us.

I also put a couple of more critter cam pics in my other thread. There is another cat out there.... No wonder my kitty is going nuts! He is surrounded by other cats in his own home! Makes me wonder if that is why he doesn't wanna go out back in his harness...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 09:51 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,153,734 times
He missed you!

Mine must miss me terribly while I'm asleep. How else would you explain the incredible amount of mewing and pawing and purring that I get starting at 5 a.m.?

Yeah, isn't it amazing how they can train us.

Oh, and I stay away from the Relationships forum. Otherwise I'd want to turn into a hermit and never have contact with another human being.

But maybe I'll go over there and taunt the cat-haters ...

Old 05-31-2013, 11:08 AM

Aww, he did miss me. The poor kitty. We normally have no problem with him waking us up early. He does know when SO gets up in the morning and he is right at the bed to greet him so he can lead the way to his food bowl!

When he does what he did last night I don't get a great night of sleep but I sure missed him and was happy to see him and see that he missed me too!

Poo to the thought that cats can't show love!

Old 05-31-2013, 11:12 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,063,208 times
That other thread was hysterical.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
That other thread was hysterical.
The one on the relationships forum? I guess you either love cats or you hate them......

Old 05-31-2013, 11:28 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,063,208 times
Yeah, that one. Other than a few posters, I would say most just dont prefer cats. Not like they "hate" them but they are not everyone's favorite pet.

But some of the cat lady remarks were so true.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Yeah, that one. Other than a few posters, I would say most just dont prefer cats. Not like they "hate" them but they are not everyone's favorite pet.

But some of the cat lady remarks were so true.
Well I do agree with that. There are 2 hardcore one on there against cats.

I just am not so sure about the term of cat lady. I have one cat. Does that make me a cat lady? I am not sure. Is it the amount that I love and care for my cat?

SO and I sure looked like a couple of cat ladies the other day when we were buying food for all of his TNRs, our Kitty Katty, and his office kitty all at one. In the grocery store checking out with enough cat food to feed a nation of cats!

Ah well. I'm ok with that. Then I am not the "single woman over 40 with a million cats" either.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:53 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Most men I have been involved with (including current SO) love animals as much as I do. They know how incredibly loving they are -- even so-called "aloof" kitties.

I could never be involved with a man who doesn't "get" my love of animals.

Robyn, clearly KK missed you!

Old 05-31-2013, 01:43 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,058,385 times
When Oscar had to spend 4 nights at Vet School at NC State due to IBD I missed him like crazy. When he got back he was all over me. I mean he head butted me forever and the first night in bed he grabbed hold of my forearm with both his arms, pushed his head into my arm and just sighed so deeply. He held on tight and would not let go. I know he was telling me "Thank You for Saving my Life and I promise to never knock over another bottle of water again". But he lied! In fact is was only after he resumed his evil kitty cat ways that I knew he was feeling so much better.

I stay away from the relationship forum. Those folks can get really mean.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Most men I have been involved with (including current SO) love animals as much as I do. They know how incredibly loving they are -- even so-called "aloof" kitties.

I could never be involved with a man who doesn't "get" my love of animals.

Robyn, clearly KK missed you!
I couldn't either, Karen. I lucked out with my sweetie. KK did miss me....a super whole bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
When Oscar had to spend 4 nights at Vet School at NC State due to IBD I missed him like crazy. When he got back he was all over me. I mean he head butted me forever and the first night in bed he grabbed hold of my forearm with both his arms, pushed his head into my arm and just sighed so deeply. He held on tight and would not let go. I know he was telling me "Thank You for Saving my Life and I promise to never knock over another bottle of water again". But he lied! In fact is was only after he resumed his evil kitty cat ways that I knew he was feeling so much better.

I stay away from the relationship forum. Those folks can get really mean.
Aww. You know, our kitties do show us that they love us, in their own kind of way. Relationships forum can be off the hook. I remember before it even existed and all of a sudden one of my threads was missing from Other Topics and I found it in this new forum called Relationships. I am about to sound so old....

That was back in the day when there were real relationship problems posted and people with real answers and people who gave a damn.

Now? There are a few of us left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats