Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 02:03 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,112,482 times

Advertisements

He is gorgeous and I love the names Vlad or Fang. Fang sounds sweet and cuddly, actually. Like calling a chihauha Killer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 02:15 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
I suppose Blackie is just too trite? How about Igor?

Old 05-05-2012, 02:16 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Thanks for adopting him. I like adopting an older cat. Jasper has been low maintenance since I got him.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:25 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,580,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
All my friends think we should name him that but he is just such a sweet boy. It's not fitting. His first owner named him Sneaky and I suppose they had him for almost his first 5 years. I was told they had a set of twins and he was unable to tolerate the noise. He does run from noises but is starting to get used to the noises in our house now.

Oh he is a talker I have never had a kitty who would sit there and hold a conversation with you but this one does!

Second owner was an elderly lady who only had him 3 months and had to be moved into a nursing home. I called her daughter the other day to let her know we had adopted him and she was very happy.

He took right to us the very first day I was sure he would be hiding out the first few days but nope! That night he even climbed in our bed. I could not even believe it.
Congratulations to you on your new family member, and how wonderful of you to give an adult black cat a home. He must be so happy to be in his forever home after being back and forth so much.

I usually think that if a cat comes with a name he's had all his life, it should be kept, but Sneaky doesn't seem to fit him, just by what you've told us, and the pictures.

I'm sure he will let you know what his name is pretty soon.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:43 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times
I love the photos! When I saw the first one, I thought, "That looks just like Hansel!" -- including how he strokes me with his paws (NEVER with his claws out!). I always think it's the sweetest thing when they do that, like they're petting you back when you pet them. :-) And I love black kitties -- Hansel is one of the sweetest kitties I've ever had (and I've had a lot, some sweet, some not so much).

I like Fangs or Vlad or Igor too! And it was SO sweet of you to call the old woman's daughter -- I always feel so sad when I see notes at my local Humane Society "owner died" or "owner went into home" on the "why this cat is available" tags.

Congrats on your new family member!

Old 05-05-2012, 07:46 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Congratulations to you on your new family member, and how wonderful of you to give an adult black cat a home. He must be so happy to be in his forever home after being back and forth so much.

I usually think that if a cat comes with a name he's had all his life, it should be kept, but Sneaky doesn't seem to fit him, just by what you've told us, and the pictures.

I'm sure he will let you know what his name is pretty soon.
Thank you! I think black cats are pretty, and he is all black, not a speck of white. I remember when I was a little girl I finally begged my mother long enough for a cat and she took me to a pet shop in the mall.I guess I was 7-8 years old.

The old man who ran the pet shop said he only had one cat left. It was a pretty little black kitten. Tuxedo cat. He told me he would be getting prettier cats in on Tuesday if I wanted to wait and come back then.

I thought he was nuts! We took Blackie home that day and I was forever a cat person.

I have never understood why people dont like black cats as much.. I love all cats, but of course do not have a problem with black ones.

We decided on an adult because I think more people are wanting kittens and I feel bad for those adult cats... =( The little old lady who had him for a few months called him Jet.

He's a happy boy and a great addition to his two people!

Old 05-05-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
I love the photos! When I saw the first one, I thought, "That looks just like Hansel!" -- including how he strokes me with his paws (NEVER with his claws out!). I always think it's the sweetest thing when they do that, like they're petting you back when you pet them. :-) And I love black kitties -- Hansel is one of the sweetest kitties I've ever had (and I've had a lot, some sweet, some not so much).

I like Fangs or Vlad or Igor too! And it was SO sweet of you to call the old woman's daughter -- I always feel so sad when I see notes at my local Humane Society "owner died" or "owner went into home" on the "why this cat is available" tags.

Congrats on your new family member!
This kitty always comes up to us and rubs our skin with his paws. It is the sweetest thing, and such a big talker!!!

He has been declawed. I don't agree with that but I did not do it, so there isn't a whole lot I can do about that. He will be a strictly indoor kitty.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:49 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I have never understood why people dont like black cats as much
My tuxedo cats don't understand it, either. They think they are perfectly adorable, if they do say so themselves.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:52 PM

Old 05-05-2012, 08:07 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,835,891 times
Hmmmm...since he has those prominent fangs...and has been known as Sneaky...how about Snakey? Dunno how unusual it is to name one animal after another, but the last two cats who owned me were known as Puppy and Weasie. ("Puppy" because the friend responsible for surprising me with them had held out for my adopting a dog, and "Weasie" due to her being a skinny young adult who loved to dash through the house when they first moved in.)

Blacula? Canine (that other-animal theme again - but those are his canine teeth)? Lugosi?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats