Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 06:50 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,824,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Part of me wants to get those horrid things out of my house!
When I was at home, and asleep or otherwise unavailable for door duty, a window between the bedroom and back porch stayed open for Weasie. Numerous slats of the window blind were knocked askew or broken outright over the years. A large section of the screen was pulled loose from its frame a long time ago, from her plucking it to get my attention after finding the window shut. I have no intention of replacing either until I move away. They remind me of her and will already be broken in for her eventual successor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 04:01 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Just realized I never posted to thank everyone for sharing their stories.

While our "memory triggers" can make us sad, I never mind being reminded of the wonderful kitties who shared my life for so many years.

Thanks again for the posts!

Old 03-22-2012, 07:31 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Yeah, every so often when I see a cat stretched out sleeping it reminds me of how I found my cat Charcoal dead one morning. Damn, it's dusty in here.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:34 AM

575 posts, read 1,995,302 times
I can no longer drink chocolate milk My Friskie used to LOVE to share chocolate milk with me. I couldn't even get it made before he would start dipping his paw into the glass to have a sip I would make it sometimes even if I really didn't want it just so I could share a little glass with him just because he loved it so. Now on the rare occasion that I have some it just makes me sad - it lacks the slight taste of kitty feet.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:39 AM

575 posts, read 1,995,302 times
Another memory of my Friskie - or Kitty Puss as he was better known. There was a chair that used to sit in my living room by the front door that he could sit on the back of and look out the front window. EVERY TIME I would pull into my drive way I would see his face in that window. EVERY TIME. It was the hardest thing the get used to after he passed. It's going on 3 1/2 years. I still miss his face in that window. ( tear )

That chair is gone - it was old and ugly. We got rid of it when we repainted last summer. I can't bring myself to replace it. No Kitty Puss to sit in the window - no need for a new chair. Now there is just an empty space by my door infront of his window.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:55 PM

Just posted on "memory triggers" in psychology and it reminded me of this old thread.

Wanted to thank all the posters. I hope you got a lot of happy memories in adding to this thread, not just sad ones.

RIP all our wonderful feline companions.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:13 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,246 times
karen,

Every day I am thankful for each and all of my kitties. Regarding the one who was my heart I am thankful that I had him for as long as I did.

For me anyway, your topic, which I just found today, was not depressing, it was affirming. Yes, some, or maybe one, has touched us more than others. But there are always more kitties out there who need to be loved.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinka View Post
But there are always more kitties out there who need to be loved.
Alinka, what a beautiful way to put it!

Old 09-10-2012, 05:01 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times
I believe that these triggers happen as a means to keep their spirit alive.

GoGuy, I didn't even know Weasie but I think of her often! She lives on in the hearts and mind of others. That's why I love reading stories on CD about people's furry children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats