Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 09:07 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,991,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
My cat has trouble with canned food. He doesn't seem to know how to use his mouth, really odd. But he seems to like Chicken/Herring the best. Mostly he just licks the juices and liquid out of all canned food if that.
Try the pate or crush any slices or cubes and mix well with the juice from the can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 03:52 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,225 times
I think Wellness used to be better than it is now...for years, my cats and dogs did really well on it, and then they all started having issues, mainly digestive in nature. When companies get bought out, formulas tend to change, as well as other things that affect the end product, like where and how it is manufactured, etc. Corners get cut and quality goes down. I no longer feed Wellness, because I no longer trust it.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:34 PM

7,493 posts, read 7,173,762 times
Sorry to hear....I was feeding both my cats Wellness dry for about 6 years with not a single problem, just great health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
I think Wellness used to be better than it is now...for years, my cats and dogs did really well on it, and then they all started having issues, mainly digestive in nature. When companies get bought out, formulas tend to change, as well as other things that affect the end product, like where and how it is manufactured, etc. Corners get cut and quality goes down. I no longer feed Wellness, because I no longer trust it.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:22 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Well, this is interesting...I gave Jasper the "Wellness" dry food, he dislikes it so much he is now eating wet food. He was a dry food addict on "Royal Canin".

Old 02-21-2012, 07:59 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,207 times
Which canned Wellness does my cat prefer? None of the above, she sticks her nose up at all of them and walks away. Another example of the ficleness of cats. Like all of us, have attempted to find the right combination of high quality food that my cat likes, at a resonable cost. Time spent on internet cat forums, reading cat books, and speaking to vets has not produced any clearcut standouts, since not even the experts agree. The general consensus has rated Wellness very highly, but it is somewhat expensive and many cats do not like it, including mine. For years have fed her Pro Plan, which she likes, but have recently found out that Pro Plan is not high quality, but rather just ho hum mid level quality. In addition, it has gotten expensive, the last time I checked, both Petco and Petsmart were charging either 86 or 89 cents for a 3 oz can, actually more than for food rated as being higher quality. May have finally found the answer, Natural Balance. Gets usually positive ratings, resonable cost, and my cat really likes it, dove right in from the start. Even here have some doubts, one of the online experts does not like it, saying that the carb content is too high. Carefully reading and analyzing the food content labels on a can of cat food is a skill I just do not posses, am trying to learn, but as of now it is still over my head.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:48 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,285,697 times
This link may help.

http://www.scheyderweb.com/cats/catfood.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...l#post22669598

Last edited by leanansidhex; 02-21-2012 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: add link

Old 02-21-2012, 11:53 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,285,697 times
http://www.katclare.com/veterinary/JAVMA_feline_nutrition_article.pdf (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats