Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 05:20 PM

1,156 posts, read 986,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yes the thread title ends in a question mark. Any Californians that arent stick-in-the-ass syncophants please offer suggestions.

And placing blame in this case is easy. Donald Trump's most glorious DISASTER yet is how he completely FAILED in his response to the coronavirus pandemic. And now the entire country is on the verge of a depression, and I dont give a ratsass if you dont like hearing that.
You mean those Californians who are sheeple. Got ya. It’s sycophant, by the way. Still no support for anything you say but keep it up. 80% deaths are 65+, 89% hospitalizations have an underlying medical condition and over 50% of deaths are in NY/NJ/MA, while a significant percent are in nursing homes so maybe you should learn something or stay in Brazil where the unemployment rate was close to 11-12% before Covid. Wonder what it will be for April 2020?

Old 05-08-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
The governor just said that 70% of the state economy is going to reopen.
https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...area-counties/

The Bay Area and I suspect LA County are going to be exceptions.
That’s great, think he’s got that nursing home situation figured out yet since that’s where 40% of the deaths are. I doubt it, but let’s focus on hampering businesses and exert his control over you. Good one.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:44 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
This guy makes a much more compelling case about Trump's failures and how his policies exacerbated the economy even more when the pandemic hit.

California needs a president that thinks and acts as a real leader should, not a president that is laser focused on never taking responsibility, for anything.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
That’s great, think he’s got that nursing home situation figured out yet since that’s where 40% of the deaths are. I doubt it, but let’s focus on hampering businesses and exert his control over you. Good one.
Yes let's listen to infectious diseases experts and public health professionals, not puffy hillbillies hellbent on making sure their grand wizard's economic numbers look good on election day.

Sorry, public health will always TRUMP Donald Trump.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Yes let's listen to infectious diseases experts and public health professionals, not puffy hillbillies hellbent on making sure their grand wizard's economic numbers look good on election day.

Sorry, public health will always TRUMP Donald Trump.
Yet there are plenty of Health experts and epidemiologists that have a different opinion. Too bad you’re a sheeple. Who is your shepherd? Great comeback about hillbillies. Typical of you and many sheeple that can’t recognize a different opinion and strategy which has worked well so far for those states you like to bag on. How’s that Brazil unemployment going? We see your new leader is Creepy Grandpa Joe.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Yet there are plenty of Health experts and epidemiologists that have a different opinion.
Good for them, I trust our state and local officials more.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:07 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
The governor just said that 70% of the state economy is going to reopen.
https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...area-counties/

The Bay Area and I suspect LA County are going to be exceptions.
Did he pull that number out of his ass? Where’s 70%? Is he talking about the retail curbside? Restaurants still aren’t open for dine in.

I wish he would give a little more detail, but I don’t think he knows. The timetable changes every time he speaks. It looks like he knows people are starting to ignore him so he had to move up the timetable.

Quote:
This guy makes a much more compelling case about Trump's failures and how his policies exacerbated the economy even more when the pandemic hit.

California needs a president that thinks and acts as a real leader should, not a president that is laser focused on never taking responsibility, for anything.
Great, I always wanted to hear someone in the beginning stages of dementia address the economy in a time of crisis.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Good for them, I trust our state and local officials more.
Good for you. Keep enjoying the carnage throughout CA then when it’s a fact that 40% of deaths are in nursing homes and there’s very little risk to the healthy and under 65. Are you really this dumb? Don’t answer, I already know.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Did he pull that number out of his ass? Where’s 70%? Is he talking about the retail curbside? Restaurants still aren’t open for dine in.

I wish he would give a little more detail, but I don’t think he knows. The timetable changes every time he speaks. It looks like he knows people are starting to ignore him so he had to move up the timetable.

Great, I always wanted to hear someone in the beginning stages of dementia address the economy in a time of crisis.

Montclair couldn’t even figure out how to get out of a paper bag. You think Montclair understands what that 70% actually means when in reality with all the restrictions, it’s maybe 5-10% open. Yet he sees 70%. That’s the trouble with sheep they only read headlines but can’t deduce anything else than big bold numbers. He still thinks there’s Russian spies.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:21 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Montclair couldn’t even figure out how to get out of a paper bag. You think Montclair understands what that 70% actually means when in reality with all the restrictions, it’s maybe 5-10% open. Yet he sees 70%. That’s the trouble with sheep they only read headlines but can’t deduce anything else than big bold numbers. He still thinks there’s Russian spies.
Counties up north have basically given Newsom the finger and are opening. I know of some businesses that are opening on the sly and starting to just the hell with it, I’m opening. If you read the article Montclair linked, Newsom is just finger wagging at those businesses, so it appears there’s no real penalty.

I think a few things may be happening. Newsom’s people are telling him the states going broke, so you better ramp up the openings or they’re telling him people are ignoring him and making him look weak. Could be both.

He’ll probably speed up the reopenings and take credit for any recovery. A while back he said phase three was months away. Now it’s a month away.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California